so i go on vacation get home and my gun is missing

goodluck

boosted finally
Donating Member
Registered
so i take my family on vacation this weekend and my mother in law has someone come over and housesit for us, well her kids come over and i guess go through my stuff and take one of my pistols. so when i get home i notice my room is not how i left it so i start checking stuff out, first thing i look at is my guns that i have and low and behold my 357 is missing. so i look around somemore and really dont see anything else out of the ordinary, so i go to the police file the report well they ask me if i want to press charges i tell them ill talk it over with my wife and see what i can get done. the guys mother calls me and says she trust me and is apoligizing for him and she tells me please to not press charges and she will pay me for my gun, this lady lives on social security and i feel sorry that she has this pos as a son. i am just at a lose in more ways than one any suggestions or advice

give them 24 hours to return "All" stolen property then decide...

Sounds like you need to find this kid and give him a "knukka sammich" and snatch the gun back. Slap him in the back of the head and give him a REALLY BORING lecture about life.

laugh.gif

It will be a hard lesson for both of them, but you should press charges.

1. It will be the lesson his mother has not taught him about life.

2. without pressing charges, if the gun is used in a crime, (I believe) you can still be held liable. Maybe wrong on this.... Maybe one of our LEO's could pop in to answer.

I would hit them hard no matter who they are.

argue.gif
thieves

Sounds like you need to find this kid and give him a "knukka sammich" and snatch the gun back. Slap him in the back of the head and give him a REALLY BORING lecture about life.

laugh.gif
this is what i told the cop and he covered his ears and said he didnt need to hear what i was going to do, i told his mom already that i better not find him.

I understand your frustration! However, the mom is an enabler. She obviously knows her son is a "POS" as you put it. I would press charges on the son. What if he does something stupid with your gun and it comes back to you? Then you will be the one in trouble.
firedevil.gif

give them 24 hours to return "All" stolen property then decide...
+1 but I would not think twice about pressing charges if they don't return it. That gun is going to be up to no good in their possesion. If someone gets hurt or killed you'd wish youd done something.
thumb_up.gif

press charges. Too much illegal gun ownership to allow this deed go unpunished.

Besides he/they were going through your stuff.
firedevil.gif

press charges.  Too much illegal gun ownership to allow this deed go unpunished.

Besides he/they were going through your stuff.
firedevil.gif
this is the way i feel about it to but this is an old friend of my mother in laws and i am just really torn since i have already filed the police report about it, IF something illegal was to take place with my gun it doesnt come back to me. the cops knew the guys name whenever i went and talked with them and said he has always been a big thief been in and out of jail several times and said he probably pawned it already and they were going to check there pawn sheets i guess in oklahoma the pawn shops send out a daily report of what was taken in so the police can check it out and see if it looks like any stolen property that has been reported,

and as far as them going through my all my stuff i just hope i never get a chance to met him and ill leave it at that

In SC they still show as you own the gun even if reported stolen. I had a Bersa .380 stolen out ofmy car once, filed a report and made sure I kept the paper work. 3 years later that gun was used in a crime and was left there. Cops come knocking on my door, after 12 hours in jail they finaly got it straight, but it was me who had to pay the 175 bucks to get it esponged off my record.

+1 on pressing charges. If you don't, you're an enabler too and you make it possible for someone else to get hurt, maybe even die.

Take care of business.

--Wag--

send the kid to jail. It sounds harsh, but look at all the gun crimes and how our rights as firearms owners are being taken away because of it. I am sorry friend or not I myself would send them away. Just because a gun was involved. If he would have taken my Busa, maybe I would let it slide, but not a gun.
Just my 2 cents

Press charges then change all your locks .... this POS has been in your house and knows were you live!

my opinion has changed. press charges
firedevil.gif
these are some good pts. that lady is his mom. you are not his mom. she should understand and would want her son to pay for a crime like this. you may just end up saving his life by it.

His mommy called?Put his azz on the phone,meet me face to face,say you're sorry and give me my gun back.Then press charges too.This mamas boy needs to learn a lesson that he hasn't gotten from mama yet and probably never will.This is the real world!

Shank him! LOL No kiddin... he needs to have the cops in his ass and hope he goes to jail and more important that maybe you get your gun back before it is used to kill someone. He will always feel he got away with it if he is not punished! I would put as much heat on this as possible and do it by the book and you should have an understanding that no matter what or who else says what.... it's the right thing to do!
lurk.gif

I'll play devils advocate here and be the a...
firedevil.gif

First off...his arse should go to jail period, guns are no joke.

But also what keeps running thru my mind, and I am not judging or know your situation...but how can a couple kids go thru your stuff and get your guns? If anyone takes responsibility of owning a gun, that gun should be properly stored (LOCKED UP TIGHT, preferably a safe).

Granted no matter what you lock it up in, someone with enough will and time can still get it, but if you guns are in a safe...it keeps them away from the amatures and more important...kids (even the older ones).

You can buy a very solid safe for the price of a single decent gun. I know if I had my guns in my truck, glove box, or drawer in my room...and they got stolen and used in someones death...I would feel personally responsible, negligable, and accountable.

Guns are an enourmous responsibility and any individual not willing to take that responsibility with the utmost seriousness and keep guns safe(within reason) out of the hands of criminals...should themselves not be armed.

I get real pissed off when I hear someone complain how they had there truck broken into and the guns stolen from out under their seat or their glovebox...they make safes for that too.

Again, I have no idea the exact circumstances of your situation and I'm done preaching...just food for thought.

Sorry Eric, I hate a thief more than anything. Wish I could help, but I would press charges too.

I'll play devils advocate here and be the a...
firedevil.gif

First off...his arse should go to jail period, guns are no joke.

But also what keeps running thru my mind, and I am not judging or know your situation...but how can a couple kids go thru your stuff and get your guns? If anyone takes responsibility of owning a gun, that gun should be properly stored (LOCKED UP TIGHT, preferably a safe).

Granted no matter what you lock it up in, someone with enough will and time can still get it, but if you guns are in a safe...it keeps them away from the amatures and more important...kids (even the older ones).

You can buy a very solid safe for the price of a single decent gun. I know if I had my guns in my truck, glove box, or drawer in my room...and they got stolen and used in someones death...I would feel personally responsible, negligable, and accountable.

Guns are an enourmous responsibility and any individual not willing to take that responsibility with the utmost seriousness and keep guns safe(within reason) out of the hands of criminals...should themselves not be armed.

I get real pissed off when I hear someone complain how they had there truck broken into and the guns stolen from out under their seat or their glovebox...they make safes for that too.

Again, I have no idea the exact circumstances of your situation and I'm done preaching...just food for thought.
first off i know exactly what you are saying and i have a safe i am staying with my mother in law while i remodel my house my safe is at my house since there is not enough room here for it. i keep a glock which i carry and then i leave a 357 here at the house in the top of my closet covered up that only me and my wife knew was there. i have a 8 year old daughter and a 1 year old daughter neither of which could remotely get to the gun. i have recently been thinking of getting one of the little lock boxes to keep them in while we stay here. also im sorry if i implied this is a kid he is about 26-27 years old. this is my house i shouldnt have to keep everything locked up.

Back