Sell Antique Gun Online?

What does it need?
When I hear engine, I automatically think $2k+( and if I have to rebuild it, ported head, cams, ect, $$$, I can't leave well enough alone).
Ide also never hear the end of it if I bring home another project.

Like I said, it needs an engine. It's a trackbike.

As in, the engine is gone/not in bike, or needs rebuilt?
Does it have a title, street fairings with headlight?

More pics to come
Gun is roughly 78" long

20161129_200303.jpg

More pics to come
Gun is roughly 78" long

View attachment 1570095
At that length that thing can be used as a fishing pole. Lol! I love watching and reading about old items like this. Hope you can get good money for it. Maybe that antique road show stops by close to you so you can get it appraised and get some history on it. That would be cool! (I love that tv show)

At that length that thing can be used as a fishing pole. Lol! I love watching and reading about old items like this. Hope you can get good money for it. Maybe that antique road show stops by close to you so you can get it appraised and get some history on it. That would be cool! (I love that tv show)

I'm still undecided on selling it, but have found some online appraisals from people in the know on these things.
I'll see what happens.
The gun was a hunting rifle/shotgun custom made for my great, great(however many greats in 250 years )grandfather, Solomon Hill. Around 1750-1760

Didn't Jed Clampett from " The Beverley Hillbillies "have one of these ? . Looks mighty cool

I'm still undecided on selling it, but have found some online appraisals from people in the know on these things.
I'll see what happens.
The gun was a hunting rifle/shotgun custom made for my great, great(however many greats in 250 years )grandfather, Solomon Hill. Around 1750-1760
That's amazing. I would definitely have a hard time parting with something like that.

Didn't Jed Clampett from " The Beverley Hillbillies "have one of these ? . Looks mighty cool

Yeah, I'm kin to him somewhere along the line too.
And you can just knock the squirrels out of the trees with it.
Might as well, you only get one shot.

As in, the engine is gone/not in bike, or needs rebuilt?
Does it have a title, street fairings with headlight?

Engine still in bike. Hole in front case with #3 connecting rod sticking out. Title, Farings with headlight. If you are serious PM me.

Engine still in bike. Hole in front case with #3 connecting rod sticking out. Title, Farings with headlight. If you are serious PM me.

Sounds like more money than Ide want to spend right now.
Thanks for the offer though

I'd keep it in the family but my guess is it will not end up being worth what you think it will. Guns like this have the most value when they have paperwork, proveable/documented provenance and haven't been altered in any way. Good luck...

I'd keep it in the family but my guess is it will not end up being worth what you think it will. Guns like this have the most value when they have paperwork, proveable/documented provenance and haven't been altered in any way. Good luck...

I don't disagree at all.
I'm still interested in what it could bring.
It would really have to be worth it to me, cash or trade, before Ide part with it.

Gunbroker or gunsamerica are reputable sites. We have bought from both.

Make sure to have any and all paper work you have on the gun available. Have detailed and clear pictures.

Good luck!

Back