My personal experience with the Sheriffs dept and my guns this morning.

Hummm wait until Cousin goes to get his pistols back...that should be fun,paper work on top of paper work...maybe an attorney..

Hummm wait until Cousin goes to get his pistols back...that should be fun,paper work on top of paper work...maybe an attorney..

Been there before with a friend. It's pretty straightforward. Cousins got receipts.
Friend had same. We walked into sheriffs office and ten mins later were walking out with his guns.
They cannot delay or refuse you if case is settled and you have right to get them back.

I believe you were way to easy on taking guns over there. Did you talk with attorney before loading everything up? Once those guns were at your house in your name I would have thought that you would not have to take them over there, just the two in his name.

I believe you were way to easy on taking guns over there. Did you talk with attorney before loading everything up? Once those guns were at your house in your name I would have thought that you would not have to take them over there, just the two in his name.

You would be right except for fact officer saw all of them in his safe the day of the arrest. He was nice enough to leave only with key and not all that day. Upon coming back and thinking he had only key and safe was still locked up he found them gone. He told me on the phone 'I'm trying to work with your cousin, I feel as if he decieved us the day we were here and I need you to help him out and bring them back.'
I had to do what he asked to keep him on my cousins side as he will be testifying at trial should it get that far. We need to have him say good things about my cousin and to say he worked with police throughout the process. From talking to him on phone the officer seemed really decent and just asked me to help him out.

I think you did the right thing, helping to keep things moving smoothly. No need to be perceived as not cooperating!

Back