Unique Experience this morning!

Tufbusa, I don't condone that guy keying your car...but you NEVER leave a dog in a car. NEVER. If I'd been that guy, I would've smashed your driver's side window and let the dog out of the car, then called the RSPCA (animal welfare) and had you charged with neglect/animal cruelty. (They take it very seriously here.)
There is a very good reason why vets and animal welfare authorities tell people not to leave their animals in vehicles.
In this country, when the police get called out to that sort of thing they'll smash your windows out and then make sure you get prosecuted.

Again: I don't think he should've keyed your car...but I can completely understand why he got angry with you.

The temperature inside a locked vehicle can double in as little as 12 minutes. The outside temperature might be only 40 degrees but if ytour car is sitting in the sun, the inside can heat up very quickly. Dogs dehydrate very easily. Did you leave a water dish there for your dog?

There is a big difference in a spirited debate and some guy with a screw loose in a combative mood in the parking lot. Anyway, I never curse or call people names Big John. That sort of conduct only deminishes one's credibility! :beerchug:
You are correct about being different in that you don't curse people out. You still come across as the cranky old man that intends to impose his will regardless of whether it's wrong or right. Just my observation. It's all good though.:beerchug:

in nc, the law says you hafta crack the windows... they were cracked right?

my gf and i got this same sorta treatment one day outside harris teeter, didn't get as far as calling the popo, but we had to deal with an irate, over- zealous imbecile who was trying to tell us that the windows weren't cracked enough... and it was raining! some peoples children shouldn't be let out of the house...ya know?

You are correct about being different in that you don't curse people out. You still come across as the cranky old man that intends to impose his will regardless of whether it's wrong or right. Just my observation. It's all good though.:beerchug:

I appreciate your gracious compliments. However, it's actually unnecessary as you have yet to prove me wrong. :poke:

You are absolutely correct John! I'm not a politician, so it's not a requirement that I candy coat things. You call it "Cranky" I call it "Confidence"! :beerchug:

i say people get too uptight sometimes. i mean, come on... a half hour isn't going to dehydrate an animal, especially a toy poodle... i'm sure the windows were cracked and he said it was morning so I doubt the burning noon sun was beaming down on his car.. and I thought it was April not July. sux about the keying too. it's a small world, you will probably run into him again somewhere.:whistle:

You may think this is the end of the story but there is more. I stopped on my was home for gas and noticed my car had been keyed over the rear door along the roof. I walk around the car and the old bastid had keyed the car all the way around. I was stunned that someone would actually do something like that. However, I'm grateful that I didn't spot the damage until the old fart was out of sight.

Moral of the story,,,,,,,,,,,,, "Always be prepared for the unexpected"! :beerchug:

I would put a bunch of money on it that a stand up citizen like this guy left his name and contact info for the store or police. I would be on his door step for "destruction of property"

If the car isn't worth the effort, let it go but people are certifiably crazy for sure. Mid 40's the dog was safer in the car then outside. :beerchug:

Seems like these folks were not using any part of their brain!

Sorry to hear that your car was vandalized. That was supposed to help the dog?? Just don't get it..................

I would go back to the store and ask if they have a surveillance camera point towards the parking lot and see what it shows. You may be able to get the last laugh. I would also call the cops and make a report of it, they may have the old mans in for if he’s the one who called.

exactly. they would surely have it on video. and it would be especially useful in the fact that, if it was him, he was at your car 2 times once to key it and once to confront you at the car. it goes a long way to show the malicious state of mind he was in...if it was him that is. of course it could have been some other extremist that saw the dog....
I wish people reacted this way when people leave kids in the car.... weird

Next time use one of these:

b_3rw5c5822708_2.jpg

window fan.jpg

That's a terrible situation man. Stupid people happen.

During the summer I could see the concern and loud but not violent action. But at forty degrees the dog was fine. According to the vets I know anyhow. One if which is my amazing wife.

IF, (and this is a huge IF - the dog had been in any danger - and at 40 degrees in WA State, where it's cloudy about 80% of the time, it clearly wasn't), the responsible dog lover come upon that situation should have:

1. Come inside and politely asked that the store broadcast that the dog in the car outside looks uncomfortable (most owners who love their pets would immediately check).

2. Call police and let them deal with it.

3. Last resort break the window out and rescue animal.

Didn't see "key" or "threaten owner" anywhere in the 3 above.

Tuf loves that dog (I personally, knowing both their personalities, then "Tufpoodle" is a RIOT :rofl:); I can guaranty he's not going to place that dog at any risk.

Back