Wasnt sure how i'd handle this day, zeus has passed

Sincerely brought tears to my eyes. God will love Zeus as much as you, I promise. He is at peace now brother.

Sorry for your loss! The story had me teary eyed. Dogs really are mans best friend.

No doubt. I'm sitting here at work a little teary eyed right now. I can't imagine what you've gone through and I highly commend you for dedication to your dog. It tears me up that I can't have my dog with me where I live now and he has to stay with my parents, but every time I see him, he acts like we never miss a beat. I honestly, can say I love my dog more now because of your story

Such a sad story, I am sorry for your loss. Amazes me that the legal system could and would do that.

What an unbelievable story; just so sad for Zeus. I can't believe that in your own home, defending your own life and property, he can be deemed vicious, but had you opted to shoot a man, that would have been better...I'm telling you, our society today is so twisted and warped, you have to really wonder when being PC is going to finally just do us as a society completely in :down:

I'm so incredibly sorry fory our loss; I can't imagine what all of this has been like for you and your family :(

I'm so saddened and an unreal story of a hero "ZEUS". My heart is killing me over this and I have a Shepard myself and I feel your pain. God bless my friend!

I am also heart broken after reading your story. Zues is in a better place now. In my heart of hearts I believe that.

man i just cried like a baby for 5min. i also had a shepherd who not long ago died of cancer. he was 12 years old and a better friend then any "friend" i have ever had. he was in and out of the vets for weeks, the last week the vet wanted to keep him to make things easer, i would go see him after work every day and after the 5th day i went to see him and i could just tell he wasn't going to make it through this. i took him home to my parents farm ( where we had both grown up) and went and sat by a little stream, he crawled half way onto my lap ( being as thats all that would fit ) and sat there till he passed. i buried him there and had a headstone made up and still go and sit there a few times a week.

Being fellow animal lovers, we have a zoo (a gsd, snorkie, cattle dog, African grey parrot, 3 snakes and 2 horses) my wife and I cried at reading your story this morning. We are so sorry for your loss. Remember the good times my friend and that Zeus is in a better place and out of pain.

Don

Really thanks everyone, i know i will go to my grave questioning it, i put him in that situation with how he was trained, although i always wondered how he would handle himself if a real life scenerio and i can say i will always be proud of how he did react, even in pain and wounded he didnt miss a beat.

He was originally set to be put down early on but i was able to keep it tied up long enough to keep him around, i even was offering to make deals to get him with the local PD, as his bite training was actually at a higher level then most of the dogs that are in the field. I dont think it helped that everyone was so hard up on pitbulls and the "dangerous" dog thing around that time.

Is what it is, cant live life with regrets

Wow unbelievable. Just reared up at work, I have a purebred white gs named storm and she means the world to me, what your going thru is the day I'm dreading the most, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family !!!!

that was without a doubt the saddest thing i have read in a longtime, my heart goes out to you, being the owner of 2 living shepherds now, and 2 that have passed, they are without a doubt the most loyalist dog, they are like family, any dog is like family, rest assured he loved you just the same, and no you didn’t put him in that situation, he would have done that for you without the training, it's who they are, not a dangerous dog,
but a protective dog with the ability to know right and wrong, that is why the police use them. Rest in peace Zeus.

Deeply, deeply saddened the system failed you a Zeus so terribly. I have no words to ease your pain. I will say you are obvisiously just a important to Zeus as he was to you that day. You did well, and it is absolutely wrong of our backward world to make and Zeus hurt for it.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Zeus :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

:please:for you and your family, I hope you find peace.

Sorry to anyone who got teary eyed at work:whistle:

My sister and i were discussing the good times, she needed to talk. I had completely spaced all the times i took him into the pet store unleashed, he wouldnt leave my side and if he got a bit wayward or looking like he was going to he could be corrected. used to freak people out seeing a big black shepherd strolling next to me with no leash.

And messing with the girls at petsmart. I had a shower with glass doors at the condo, you cannot give a dog that hates baths a bath in a shower, doesnt work. So i'd take him to petsmart, pay the money and the girl would take his leash and once he realized what was happening it was over he was planted to that floor. I'd let them try picking him up, dragging him etc for a little bit, then usually across the room could yell zeus up, and he'd hop right up there for his bath. used to piss them off :laugh:

I feel your sorry loosing such a friend and companion. Time will heal the sorrow but you'll never forget the friend you had. He had a wonderful life and was obviously deeply loved. What else could he ask of you? RIP

BBD,
Sitin here teary eyed...The whole org feels your pain brother; so sorry for your loss.
I lost my Zues about a month ago after 14 years faithful to the end.

It's OK to add another to the family, it's not to soon and it will help ease the pain.

Back