Unique Experience this morning!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Me and my little white toy poodle headed off to town this morning to run a few erands, one of which was to pick up a few things at Lowe's for a rental I am remodeling. I left the "Mutley" dog in the car to do my shopping. About fifteen minutes later I hear Lowe's calling for the shopper in the black honda acord with the dog in the car to come to customer service.

So,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm thinking whathahell? So I hustle up to customer service and learn there is a guy at my car who has called the police because I had left the dog in the car. So I politely tell the nice lady to page me when the cops arrive. I spend another fifteen minutes in the store and roll my shopping cart up to the checkout and while I'm being checked out this old boy with a few days of whiskers on his face walks up and wants to use the phone to call 911. The nice lady ask if he was okay and he says yes but there is a dog dying in a car and he needs to call 911. I speak up and say it's my dog and I'm on my way out. The guy lays into me calling me everything nasty he could think of. Everyone in the area was tuned in at this point. I tried to assure him the dog was fine but he was having nothing to do with that. He told me the cops were on their way and I was not to leave until they arrived.

So I ignore him as I paid the clerk and he headed out the door. I knew he was going to resume his attack outside and I didn't really know what to expect. Goofy ole bastid may have a gun! If he was armed he never showed it but he was waiting by my car sitting in his 1980's ford suv. One of those little guys, I forget what they were called back then. As soon as I was within ear shot he was back to calling me names some of which even I had never heard before. When I reached the drivers door, there was a note taped to the window on a torn brown paper bag that said "Dog Killer". If it were a hot day and I left a dog in a locked car, I'd accept an a$$ chewing and name calling from a complete stranger. The temperature was in the mid forties and the dog was fine to be left for half an hour.

I opened the door and assured the old codger the dog was fine but that didn't satisfy him. He was relentless. I could see this was not going anywhere good so I just got into my car and drove away. Was giggling as I made my way out of the parking lot thinking this guy is a complete nut case.

You may think this is the end of the story but there is more. I stopped on my was home for gas and noticed my car had been keyed over the rear door along the roof. I walk around the car and the old bastid had keyed the car all the way around. I was stunned that someone would actually do something like that. However, I'm grateful that I didn't spot the damage until the old fart was out of sight.

Moral of the story,,,,,,,,,,,,, "Always be prepared for the unexpected"! :beerchug:

I would go back to the store and ask if they have a surveillance camera point towards the parking lot and see what it shows. You may be able to get the last laugh. I would also call the cops and make a report of it, they may have the old mans in for if he’s the one who called.

Unreal...that just sucks. If I found my car keyed I still would not be able to type the message you just cranked out.

Sorry for the mess. Time for a call to the insurance man and perhaps the cops.

I'd check the local laws,cause it might be illegal to leave a pet unattended in a car.

Wow...some people are just so stupid,40degrees the dog wont overheat,and keying your vehicle ????what did that have to do with the dog???

I dont think i could have held back from charging him with harrasment,or smackin him upside his head

it amazes me every day the lengths people will go to, to make absolutely sure everyone else can be as miserable as themselves.

is washington a concealed carry state? if so, after realizing the idiocy out there i would look into it.

it amazes me every day the lengths people will go to, to make absolutely sure everyone else can be as miserable as themselves.

is washington a concealed carry state? if so, after realizing the idiocy out there i would look into it.

Yes, Washington is a concealed carry state. I have a permit but rarely use it. This is the reason I avoid confrontations at all cost as you never know when some loon will shoot you in the face.

It's not a new car and the damage is not severe, If you back away 20 feet you can hardly see the damage. It's the fact that someone invades your space and intentionally does damage to something just because they cannot rationally deal with any given situation. The ability to reason seems to illude some folks.

The sad part is, the dog was never in any sort of danger or discomfort. If anything he could have used a sweater. The dog was happy to be out of the house. I'm just happy I didn't get myself in any trouble and have to call skydivr to come bail me out of jail. :laugh:

Yes, Washington is a concealed carry state. I have a permit but rarely use it. This is the reason I avoid confrontations at all cost as you never know when some loon will shoot you in the face.

thats all i was getting at, he pursued confrontation, never know what people will do. be prepared is all im saying. :beerchug:

it makes me more mad when people scratch or dent my daily vs the busa or my car. i have to look at the daily, well daily :laugh: i can always put the weekenders in the shop.

Very sorry Tuf, you just never know about people and this guy obviously was not all there.

Dang, I hate to say it Steve but this guy sounds a lot like you and the way you jump on board members because they don't agree with you. Just sayin' :whistle:

Sounds like you got to meet your regional PETA rep...

The guy had to have had some type of mental problem. I can't see even an animal rights nut getting upset about that...

I don't know that I could have shown that kind of restraint. I would have wanted to choke him out.

Had the same thing happen to me in phoenix with my brother, we walked into a gas station to get some stuff and gas and when we came out there was some a$$hole that started calling my brother and me every bad word in the book. When i told him he needed to watch who he talked to like that he threw a soda at me and threw a punch....wrong move to say the least. Needless to say when the cops came, he went to jail and me and my brother got an apology. It was only 65 out that day and the windows were all down. Just proves that no matter what there are jerks no matter where you go.

Dang, I hate to say it Steve but this guy sounds a lot like you and the way you jump on board members because they don't agree with you. Just sayin' :whistle:

There is a big difference in a spirited debate and some guy with a screw loose in a combative mood in the parking lot. Anyway, I never curse or call people names Big John. That sort of conduct only deminishes one's credibility! :beerchug:

Is this y'all when you're not using the car?
bikerpoodle.jpg

It's a long, long way to Washington from Tennessee for me to come bail you out bro!

I might have just told them to call the police right then and there before I ever left the store, while I had a whole bunch of witnesses. Cause you never know what's gonna happen in the parking lot...

i would call the cops and atleast report it.

some folks never get enough of telling others how to live their lives.

First time he talked to me like that at Lowes I would have Knocked Him Out !!!!!!!!!! Outside away from Camera Range of course (Not Stupid) :rulez:

Now if it was a Child left in a car then.....................:whistle:

Americans don't give a **** about Kids left in a Car.......... But Animals.................:banghead:

Back