This dog almost got me killed this morning!

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
So two days ago leaving my front door for work we found this little shivering chihuahua. Looks to be young but can't really tell. Put up 'Found Dog' sign on mailbox and got nothing. Drove thru the hood looking for any 'Lost Dog' signs and found nothing. Took her to vet for a scan and no chip. For the last two days she has really taken to my son and let's him carry her around like a toy, me she's still skiddish on. Here's where the danger comes in. This morning my mother in law opens the front door and the pup just strolls on out the door. We kinda looked at her and then the panic and 'oh fudge' moment came. Mother in law can't get her so I carefully slowly step out door and try to get around her so she doesn't..............RUN OUT INTO THE STREEEEEEEEEEEEET.......ahhhhhhhhh! STOP! It didn't work, she bolted! Without thought I ran after her. Next thing I hear are screeching tires, loud. I'm like a gecko one eye on pup one eye on rapidly approaching car trying to stop. I live right on a fast five lane street with average speed of 45-50 mph. The dog ran right between the two lanes of screeching cars and then the horns from them made her turn and bolt into other lane. I was the whole time yelling, not sure why, Noooooooooooooo! As she's running into other lane this time a guy in a F250 stopped and opened his door and jumped out to try to grab her. This made her bolt across street again where she cornered herself up against a fence in the neighbors yard. I slowly snuck up and grabbed her. She was so scared and out of breath I thought he heart was gonna pop! I don't think I've felt that much adrenalin in a long time. What was seconds seemed like hours. It was all slow mo and all I saw was a her getting flattened by someone. I guess I'm not really sure who was more scared me or her.

So so far until owner is found or we keep her let me introduce you to a pup named 'Danger'

60d29947.jpg

For some reason she feels safest underneath my bike?

Haha, be careful down there! Cute pup though. I did the same thing outside the Willis (Sears) Tower in Chicago. When my wife and I were there, my wedding ring slipped off and rolled across the street toward a storm drain, and away I went! Scary stuff! :rofl:

Haha, be careful down there! Cute pup though. I did the same thing outside the Willis (Sears) Tower in Chicago. When my wife and I were there, my wedding ring slipped off and rolled across the street toward a storm drain, and away I went! Scary stuff! :rofl:

That dog looks like its small enough to jump through my wedding ring!

Great save!! :thumbsup:
Have you ever considered turtle rescue? I hear we have an .org member who could steer you in the right direction with that!! :whistle:

cute pup, looks like your son has a new friend huh

Yes. He woke up early today and first thing he did was go get her. Next thing I here is 'why is that dog in your bed?'. Wife yelling at him for going back to sleep with the dog in his bed. I gave her like four baths, no fleas nothing came off her. Even Rosie my other Chihuahua likes her because she's smaller :)

I think you can put an add in the paper for free about the lost dog.. and post a sign at the county pound people who loose there pet go their to see if it got picked up and brought in. Try to find it's owner the longer he stays that harder it is to let go :laugh:

Dude wait a couple weeks no one clames her guess you got a new pooch... btw your bike is filthy underneath....

To check for flees put a paper towel under the dog a rub its fur so stuff falls on paper towel. then sprinkle it with water lightly. If you see red spots it has flees no red spots no flees. The red is actually the blood in the poop.

Are you sure that the dog is not working for your mother-in-law, in an attempt to get rid of you? :rofl: :rofl:

Mother-in-law holds door open and out dog and you go. :laugh:

Dude wait a couple weeks no one clames her guess you got a new pooch... btw your bike is filthy underneath....

To check for flees put a paper towel under the dog a rub its fur so stuff falls on paper towel. then sprinkle it with water lightly. If you see red spots it has flees no red spots no flees. The red is actually the blood in the poop.

The hair on her is like peach fuzz. A flea on her would stand out. She's fine and obv was well taken care of by an idiot. She has a nice real gold collar on with no tag?

I am glad you found her. I feel if you don't find the owner you will have a new pet :laugh: I always try to look out for 3 things that can't take care of themselves. Animals, Old folks and young kids. So a BIG :thumbsup: to you. I am glad you are OK

Sounds like you won a full size game of "Frogger" :beerchug:

2011 is the year for oRg members to save all sorts of criters from the road. :laugh:

Kudos to you! way to save the day and a tiny little life. I hope she stays where it is safe and I bet your son and her become quite the pair.

Damn Blanca, that thing with those bug eyes looks like a rat on acid. Seems every one around here can be seen at the local mall sitting on some fat chicks boobie shaking at you.

Do the right thing Blanca and advertise the dog in the local paper for a week before you decide to keep it. Somewhere there is a broken heart over this lost dog. It's the right thing to do. :bowdown:

Damn Blanca, that thing with those bug eyes looks like a rat on acid. Seems every one around here can be seen at the local mall sitting on some fat chicks boobie shaking at you.

Do the right thing Blanca and advertise the dog in the local paper for a week before you decide to keep it. Somewhere there is a broken heart over this lost dog. It's the right thing to do. :bowdown:

My thoughts to. Somewhere there is a little boy or girl crying over her lost puppy. Or like my mom said someone probably picked us out and left her on our porch :)

Back