Got threatened last night

Big Bo

Registered
My cousin calls and asks if I am interested in going to the PBR (rodeo) that was in town? I have never been to PBR, so I said yes. Cousin comes by and picks up my son and I. Off we go. Inside we are enjoying to show. To my cousins left across the aisle is a guy that has had a few. I am two seats from my cousin on his right. I notice the guy giving the finger our way. My cousin taps me on the knee and nods his head towards the guy.

Now, I first noticed something different with him when he did not stand for the Prayer, then did not stand for the National Anthem.

Back to the story. I am talking to my cousin when I see the guy giving the finger our way again. I look over my back towards my son. Son is on his phone. I turn around again and the guy is staring at us. He is staring like he has had a very bad day. Then he says "shutup or I will beat you up"! I look and start laughing. Now the guy is staring harder. My cousin laughs. There is an older gent with his family in front of us. I know he heard the guy making threats.

I ask the cousin what in the hell is that guys problem? The guy says shutup. I look at him again and laugh. The rest of the night the guy would cut his head our way and stare us down. (Talking to my cousin, I would look towards my cousin). At one point he and I had a stare down.

Rodeo is over and the guy is in his seat when we get up to leave. My cousin said he looked at the guy and his eyes got HUGE as we went pass him.

Cousin is 6-0 250
Me 6-1 260
Son 6-3 295.

On the way home we laughed about the guy. I told cousin and son that I doubt the guy wanted 800lbs in his ass. We all laughed.

I called a buddy today and told him I am so glad he did not go to the PBR. Told him the story. Buddy says, I would have been all over him. I said I know. Marine at heart.

No, not being loud. I carry myself in a respectable manner. Kids were brought up to be respectable.

You never know what's going on with the people around you. Be prepared for anything. Glad it worked out peacefully for you.

It's a shame what goes on now-a-days. 20 years ago I took the family to River Watch Parkway in Augusta Ga. for the 4th fireworks. We got there early and some folks come and sit directly in front of us. The place is basically empty at that point. The fella is cussing up a storm MF, B, you get it. We move the family 2, 4, and 6 at the time. Some time goes by and our friends get up and leave. 5 minutes later they park close to us again and start with the fowl mouth again. I speak up, excuse me sir, but I'm here with my family. His reply, who gives a F. I'm young and pissed. Tell him I'm not moving again, he stands up and several of the women tell him lets go and they leave. My wife clamps my arm and says if you ever do that again with me and the kids with you blah, blah, blah. She was right, and even more right now-a-days.

im sure he would be the first one to call the police after he got his teeth knocked out. cant fix stupid people when there drunk. in fact, there is no fixing them when they are sober either. picking ur battles is what seperates a man from a mouse. especially when they can be squashed like a mouse.

Good restraint. Drunk may also mean the liquid courage (or stupidity) to pull a gun or knife. And while you may have shoved them in any orifice of his of your choice, you'd still have to deal with the fallout. Nowadays people just don't fight, they usually try to maim or kill...

Still, sometimes you gotta stare down the bully...

Best thing about fighting drunks you just leave them on the ground after the beating and when they wake up sober many hrs later they think they fell down and passed out. Then they are scrathing there heads when look in the mirror wondering why there are foot and boot prints all over there cloths and face :laugh:

I am proud of you guys keeping your cool. I always respect someone of your size in that situation. I have one of my best friends 6'9 500+ lbs. He is a gentle giant and is always being taunted by others. He just laughs and moves on. I have heard of him hitting one guy and it wasn't pretty but I guess everyone can be pushed to a point. Congrats again

I try to show my kids that there is a better way. As a youngster, I would have gave him a mouthful of right and left hands. I am too old for that crap.

never have swung a fist in anger to any man...would rather diffuse the situation with my wit and intellect....(ok so i got beat up alot lol)

Back