I just found out my cousin died this morning

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Guys,
I just got a phone call telling me that my cousin Tommy died - he and I were very close growing up - he went into the Navy a year or so before I joined the Corps.

He had some personal issues as he grew older and had become somewhat estranged from his family - begining about two years ago, he would sort of pop in and out every few months or so -

He was driving home from work this morning around 04:30 and appearently swerved to miss something in the road; rolling his truck several times. When his mother contacted the mortician, he told her that Tommy was unrecognizable - he had not been wearing his seatbelt.

Anyway, just got off the phone - I am now trying to contact my other cousin (his sister) since no one had reached her yet.

Just thought I would let you all know.

(Ken02busa @ Jun. 03 2007,20:49) So sorry Shawn. Thoughts and prayers with you and the family.
I appreciate it. I guess the worst part for me is that I hadn't spoken to him in a couple of months - the last conversation that we had was when my family was all excited about my promotion - he called to wish me congratulations. I am the only person to join the Marines; every other male on my Mother's side of the family served in the Navy... It has always been something of a joke between he and I.

It shouldn't have taken major news or a special occassion to talk with him...

(Rayabusa0818 @ Jun. 03 2007,20:53) Sorry to hear this Shawn...anchors aweigh from one old Navy guy to another.
Thank you sir. I hope he will rest easy, knowing that I have the Watch.

Anchors Aweigh and Semper Fidelis.

Sorry for your loss! My thoughts are with you and the rest of the family.

(dadofthree @ Jun. 03 2007,20:55) So sorry Shawn, prayer for you and family sent.
Thank you - it is much appreciated. I want to call my Aunt, but I think I will wait until tomorrow - I sort of need to process this first.

sorry for your loss, Shawn. My condolences are with you and your entire family.

(BusaBret @ Jun. 03 2007,20:56) Sorry for your loss! My thoughts are with you and the rest of the family.
Bret,
Thanks - it is appreciated.

(ozzy04 @ Jun. 03 2007,20:57) sorry for your loss, Shawn.  My condolences are with you and your entire family.
Ozz -
Thanks.

Gonna sign off for a little while now... I'll be back later. Sounds sort of silly, but I think I'll go wake the boys up and read to them for awhile.

Sorry to hear this Shawn, I think most of us regret not reaching out to someone before we lost them.

Its a life lesson and you cannot hold yourself accountable.

Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It is very sad when we lose someone close and are left with things unsaid.

Damn, Shawn, I'm sorry to hear about that. I have a cousin that was in the Navy for about 6 years, as well. Let us know what we can or need to do to help.

Back