My cousin was hit by a car today

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Hey everyone,
My cousin was hit by a car this morning, he was on his Gixxer 1K. He is in the hospital with a broken leg, a broken arm, clavicle and fractured pelvis as well as internal bleeding and several cuts and bruises.
I am not asking for anything - I want to let you all know that he is a squid who refuses to wear gear (at least he had a helmet on) and does wheelies and stoppies and crap in traffic... I will not ride with him because of this -
Today he was speeding and not paying attention in traffic and ran a red light - I woman hit him as she was coming through on her green.

I am posting this for one reason only -
IT ISN'T JUST THE CARS, SOMETIMES IT IS US. Be careful and pay attention to what you are doing. Please...

Sorry to hear that man.....hope he comes thru OK.

Hope he rethinks the no-gear attitude...

Sorry that he has to learn this way
sad.gif
hope he has a complete recovery and mends his ways
wink.gif

This answers the question in my PM, sorry to hear the bad news.

I'll send a good word to the man upstairs.

Hopefully this will be a lesson and not a waste of a bike.

sorry to hear about this...that's a rough way to learn...hope he pulls through ok

Hope all turns out ok. I really think that they should show about thre hours of motowrecks due to rider error, before some one is even given the keys.

It would make it safer for everyone.

Roy

Ill definetly say a prayer for him. Its sad to see a rider go down, no matter who's fault it is. It is a hard lesson learned, maybe to hard. Ill pray that he recovers quickly and takes something out of this experiance.

When I teach my classes I explain to my students that 98% of accidents can be avoided. Its either something the rider has done them self or if that rider never took a safety course and followed what we taught. It may be the other drivers fault that the accident took place, but like I said a lot of times it could be avoided if the rider just followed some pretty simple safety rules.

Everyone Ride Safe...

Unfortuantly there are many peaple in the world who will not figure things out the easy way. My Wife & son included. Some peaple force themselve to learn things the hard way. All the talk in the world will not help. Just hope their hard lessons they can live through. Thoughts & prayers are with them. God Speed

Sorry to hear this Shawn. I hope he heals quickly and slows down a little.

Thanks everyone for all the thoughts...

I hope he gets better. I was lucky in my wreck that I didnt get hurt as bad as your cousin did. I am sorry that this happend to him, and let him know I hope he gets better.

i hate it for the pain he is going threw right now and i hate it for the lady that hit him. she will have a mental problem for awhile over it. prayers out to both

Back