Friend hit head on by drunk driver

Update: Zack started to wake from his coma last night and the quickly sedated him into a medical induced coma. He is having surgery today to repair his pelvis, then tomorrow they are going to do surgery on his face and jaw.

Other then that I just don't know what's gonna happen.

Oh yea the drunk girl that hit him and 2 other cars was released on $231 bond uggggh!

Just terrible news. I won't preach, but I swear, I can't for the life of me figure out why some choose to not wear lids...

To each his/her own...I do hope Zack will make a full recovery :please:

Prayers sent to Zach and his fam for speedy recovery!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 from across the pond using Forum Runner

prayers sent for zack and his family and friends hope he pulls thru ok:please:

231 dollars bond, thats just not fair there is just no excuse for it.

VaBusa said:
Just terrible news. I won't preach, but I swear, I can't for the life of me figure out why some choose to not wear lids...

To each his/her own...I do hope Zack will make a full recovery :please:

He was just lectured last Wednesday night about wearing a helmet......

Dan sorry to hear man, Wishing he had a helmet on, keep us updated on his progress.

Update: Zack is out of the coma and talking some. He thinks it's 2009 and that he's in the hospital cause he has cancer. He was told today that he was in a motorcycle accident but he still thinks he's there cause he has cancer, maybe a few days he will come back to 2012. They are still planning surgery for his jaw and face in the next few days.

Correction to the driver being drunk:
She was under the influence of prescription pills. Her lawyer claims she dropped cigarette, which caused her to cross the grass median. State highway patrol says she crossed the grass median a 1/4 mile before, then traveled north in the south bound lane for 1/4 mile untill she grazed one car then hit Zack head on.

Turns out she runs in the same circle of people Zack does, she made the comment to a group of people that " it's karma, accidents happen" and also made comments that Zack had to be speeding cause of the amount of damage. I guess it got pretty heated pretty fast.

Thanks for the update; so scary to think he's not quite clear on the year, but the brain sometimes takes time to heal, so I hope that's all that's going on...he just needs more time...

Unreal that the woman that hit him said such things...if she feels this way, may karma bite her soon just for not realizing the gravity of what she just did...pretty pathetic :banghead:

exactly what she said ^^^^^ glad hes out of the coma, hopefully he will regain full memory:please:

Update: Zack is out of the coma and talking some. He thinks it's 2009 and that he's in the hospital cause he has cancer. He was told today that he was in a motorcycle accident but he still thinks he's there cause he has cancer, maybe a few days he will come back to 2012. They are still planning surgery for his jaw and face in the next few days.

Correction to the driver being drunk:
She was under the influence of prescription pills. Her lawyer claims she dropped cigarette, which caused her to cross the grass median. State highway patrol says she crossed the grass median a 1/4 mile before, then traveled north in the south bound lane for 1/4 mile untill she grazed one car then hit Zack head on.

Turns out she runs in the same circle of people Zack does, she made the comment to a group of people that " it's karma, accidents happen" and also made comments that Zack had to be speeding cause of the amount of damage. I guess it got pretty heated pretty fast.

Glad hes getting better, as the swelling goes down things get better. One of my stepdads younger friends who is basically like my older brother was in a severe car accident and wound up in a coma and the same issues, it took about 2 weeks to even start getting back to normal. Im glad things are getting better and hope they continue that way, when its a close friend its the scariest thing you can have happen.

Prayers sent. I hate seeing this stuff. I hope this idiot girl gets her due. She is obviously not grown up. She has changed Zack's life forever. He will have to deal with the effects of the traumatic brain injury for at least awhile--hopefully will recover completely--but the other injuries will cause long-term pain as he gets older.

Shame on her. It does not matter if it was prescription pills, or what. She was either driving under the influence OR was distracted--BOTH of which are illegal. Ooooh.... Grrrrrrrrr....

Back