CCW in VA

Not betting my pinky finger on this but I'm pretty sure the only record of a dealer gun sale in virgina is the hardcopy of a bill of sale and pertainent details kept on site at the dealers business and the -I think it's called a NICS application. Nation instant crime sume sumpin - FBI Database. Anyway state police nor local townships are involved in any way when a gun is purchased. Federally licensed dealers are required to keep all these record imperptuity. And all local gun laws and registration schemes were preempted by state law consolidating the power of the state to regulate guns. You see with the a web of different local laws people will unwittly break the law by driving across some abitrary county or city line. Many states are instituting preemption laws - thank god!

Actually - I think the Va. state police run the NICS checks so they are involved, however I don't think they keep any documents as the gun dealer calls in the check and gives I believe your name address and SS#. It's a quick call accept waiting on hold for 30 minutes or so until they get thumbs up or thumbs down.

Natl , statewide or even citywide gun lists are unconstitutional and illegal per the FBI.
That is how the Nazis were able to disarm so many so fast.
Only when a dealer goes out of business does he turn over his records of sales to ATF.

When a dealer calls in to do an instant check for a buyer they only tell the Dept they are calling whether or not you are buying a handgun or long gun.
No serial numbers are given to anyone and they are only kept on file at the dealers place of business.
There is no Natl list of all the serial numbers and owners.

While traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway to the Dragon we hit a police check point in Cherokee, NC. Carolina is a must notify state. When the officer asked for ID and registration I held up my Va CCW permit and just pointed to it, he looked and said OK thanks and that was that. Check point, bonus pitures Lin Cove Via duct, and Highest point on BRP.

WOW thoughts of communist Germany circa 1932 comes to mind....PAPERS SHOW ME YOUR PAPPERS!!!!! And i guess I'm the only one here that think check points like this are ridiculous, unconstitutional, and a total infringement on my rights as a US citizen.

WOW thoughts of communist Germany circa 1932 comes to mind....PAPERS SHOW ME YOUR PAPPERS!!!!! And i guess I'm the only one here that think check points like this are ridiculous, unconstitutional, and a total infringement on my rights as a US citizen.

Just a small point Dave. Germany was Fascist not communist.
Stalins Russia was commie. To us not much difference as both confiscated weapons and murdered millions .

Settled law. It's legal as long as it is done to everyone (not disparately) - can not even do check points in the same location and some jurisdictions actually notify the public of check points - and it is narrowly focused. Drivers license and registration please...

Sobriety check points are an american tradition...

Maybe some know this / But check points are Federally mandatory IF each county / state wants to continue getting federal grants / funds for the Law Enforcement in their area.. Always fallow the money...
I was at a friends house the other day and they have cable TV. I noticed 90% of every tv Commercial was for Car insurance , So there we have it again,They make a law stating You must have vehicle insurance, pay the private Corps. large dollars and give them bailout. The public is Scr*w*d again.. example If I can get coverage on a $20,000 vehicle for $500.00 a year ( example) then they should be able to cover me for $500 a year total on all my vehicles . I can only drive 1 at a time.. BUtttt Noooo each has to be covered . And my point about the Cable TV ( which I wont have ) You have to pay for that Crap and pay to watch the insurance commercials. You pay to have them advertise to you! WOW! So again " ALWAYS FALLOW THE MONEY".. ..

Back