so i go on vacation get home and my gun is missing

We are talking about a weapon!!!! He is going to feel he got away with it and it will get worse. Press charges......

I have my most of my guns in my safe, but I keep one in my closet as well.  There is no way I could be awaken in the middle of the night and have the wits to work the comb on my safe...in the dark.. to retrieve a gun..while worrying about getting to my daughters to make sure they are safe also.  The gun I keep out is not chambered and requires alot of strength to pull back....it's old, but loud.  

So drop the "why wasn't it secure" bits....and stay focused on the fact that a thief stole something.
Amen to that Bro would love to see all these clowns that keep all their guns locked up in a safe protect your family when someone comes into your house. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of doing. My .357 is on a high shelf in my closet when I am at home an then when I am not at home yeah then it stays in the safe. Bottom line the A$$ Clown stole your gun bro put his a$$ were he belongs in Jail. What if it would have been your Busa as well?

this dude is 26 yo. why are we even having this conversation. its not your mother in law...its your mother in laws friends son. HE IS NOBODY TO YOU EXCEPT A BAD THEIF.

guns.gif
DO NOT LET HIM GET AWAY WITH THIS
guns.gif

guns.gif

Since the parents didnt do their job as parents, now you have to.  FILE CHARGES!!!  The mother doesnt want her kid to go to jail because she feels bad for him....boo freakin hoo...

For everyone else who is saying that its irresponsible to leave a gun in a vehicle, or at home not in a safe when you arent there; are you saying that as a Leo, i should have to take both the shotgun and the AR-15 out of my patrol car everyday or im not a responsible gun owner? I take responsibility by locking my car and having an alarm. Instead of pointing fingers at how this guy was irresponsible, remember that its not his fault that some dirtbag rummaged through the house and stumbled across HIS gun.  The dirtbag is the badguy here, not the victim.

im going to the police station tonight and filing against the guy so i am putting it in the cops hands.

You did good! As well, I have 25 guns right now and that big red Winchester safe keeps them secure. However, the one outside the safe for quick access is what will get me out of a tight spot when and if the time comes to use it at a moments notice. I hope that never comes but it's appropriate if you/we are comfortable with it. You did good!
beerchug.gif

My_Gun_Collection_10_Mar_2008__3_.JPG

26yrs old? He should know better. Its a gun not some property in your house. File charges and be done with him. Kick his A@# too!!!!

I have read ALL the posts here....3 kinds of people i absolutely HATE
1. is a liar
2. is a thief
3. is a thief that will lie about stealing something.
I say give him the chair(press charges) there is no room for people like that in our society. something to think about...WHAT IF HE USES THAT GUN TO COMMIT A CRIME AGAINST YOUR FAMILY? maybe he stole it only to come back, shoot you, and steal your bike, or rape family? a lil brutal maybe, but there are nuts in this world.

Dear Eric

This is a very unfortunate situation that you've been placed in involuntarily.

I believe the appropriate course of action was to file charges and hope you ended this person's downward spiral.

I'm sorry you had to go through all this.

Since the parents didnt do their job as parents, now you have to. FILE CHARGES!!! The mother doesnt want her kid to go to jail because she feels bad for him....boo freakin hoo...

For everyone else who is saying that its irresponsible to leave a gun in a vehicle, or at home not in a safe when you arent there; are you saying that as a Leo, i should have to take both the shotgun and the AR-15 out of my patrol car everyday or im not a responsible gun owner? I take responsibility by locking my car and having an alarm. Instead of pointing fingers at how this guy was irresponsible, remember that its not his fault that some dirtbag rummaged through the house and stumbled across HIS gun. The dirtbag is the badguy here, not the victim.
werd.gif

beerchug.gif

You did good! As well, I have 25 guns right now and that big red Winchester safe keeps them secure. However, the one outside the safe for quick access is what will get me out of a tight spot when and if the time comes to use it at a moments notice. I hope that never comes but it's appropriate if you/we are comfortable with it. You did good!
beerchug.gif
drools.gif

This is crazy
banghead.gif
. Do what ever it takes to get that gun out of his or someone else's hands and do it NOW!

the full report has now been filed with the police and they are going to try and find the guy and see if he has it or what they said they would get back with me, i did ask about if something was to happen with my gun and they said since it has been reported stolen that it wouldnt come back to me just to get a copy of the report and keep for my records just in case

Keep us up-to-date please, I'd feel better just knowing things are in control, thanks.

I love my guns and shooting them But the big ? I didn't see anyone ask is why you didn't lock it up when you left town? Good job filling the report though. I'm not trying to stir the pot I just feel what we do with our guns when we're not around them can give the antigun poeple ammo.

Attachments

• southdakota.doc
    82.5 KB · Views: 124
Back