SLICKS for the Hayabusa, an analysis

hes also from the planet cranium and leader of the big headed people:laugh::laugh:

T-Hill with Karen and Doyle 039.jpg

awesome write up Doyle! I've been wanting to try slicks, but I'm pretty in love with the race BT-003's now. Warmers and slicks=pretty damn good adhesion.

Do you have any idea what the longevity will be with a set of slicks like that?

Well, from 3 good sources, I'm told three full track days....that is my slicks on my Busa the way I ride. I tend to think that's on the "worst case scenerio" end of the longivity scale, not because I'm fast, but because my bike is a 485 lb Hayabusa, I'm 265 lbs geared up and I know I ride really hard. Lotta power, lotta weight and balls to wall rider. I bet, for example, a 170 lb rider on a Gixxer 1000 would get 4-5 track days out of a set (with faster lap times too!). Maybe I'm a little off here but that's my best estimate. BTW, I didn't previously mention that I paid $250 for the rear and $185 for the front (friend didn't charge me for mounting). If you're really going for it, the premimum warmers are Woodcraft.....2 heat levels (135f and 180f), really quality pieces AND $350 the set! Doyle

(ps just think how much a dual big block quad turboed offshore cigarette hull would cost to sustain....our aftermarket doesn't seem that expensive based on that!)

Is that a carbon fiber front fender in your pic? Really cool! How much weight savings?
Posted via Mobile Device

Is that a carbon fiber front fender in your pic? Really cool! How much weight savings?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, got it from StreetnTrack, took awhile to get cause had to be made AFTER the order in Japan. It's more minimulist than OEM shape (wanted to expose the CZ wheel more).
Weight savings...less than a pound.
Doyle

P1020692.JPG

Great assessment, Doyle. Well written and concise.

:beerchug:

Great share. :beerchug:

Nice follow-through, as well.

Lookin at some old posts, forgot about this one....thought it was important enough to bump it, the info is still very relevant and Spring and track days are approaching! Doyle

Back