Took the plunge!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Today I was at the local race shop (shop is filled with racebikes and racers) where I get my Busa tuned and was watching/BSing with the mechanic as he prepared to install Pilot Races on my OEM wheels. We were chatting then he suddenly looks at me and says, "you know what you could do right now that would increase your confidence and Busa's handling?" Of course, I replied, "what?"
He says, "if you install a slick on the front and Pilot Race on the rear, you will love it.....I did it to my track day bike and loved it".
So a big conversation begins with about 5 guys (myself included) and they all said it's a good idea. SO I PUT A SLICK ON THE FRONT AND PILOT RACE ON THE REAR of my track wheels! (eventually I'll go to slicks front and rear).

Tuesday, July 7th, Ozz (Robb) and I are doing a track day at Thunderhill, we both have helmet cams so be prepared for some pics thereafter!

Also, I've finally got my Busa hauler trailer welded and good to go (pic below) so I'm EXCITED! Doyle

ps If anyone has run slicks on a Busa, what's it like? I don't recall ever reading anyone's account of the experience.

P1000142.JPG

S-R Racing

Registered
Sounds like a good time for sure :thumbsup: I've never heard much on running slicks either-looking forward to the write-up,pics, and vid. Hope it's a fast and safe day for you both:beerchug:

raydog

Donating Member
Registered
Sounds like a good time for sure :thumbsup: I've never heard much on running slicks either-looking forward to the write-up,pics, and vid. Hope it's a fast and safe day for you both:beerchug:
John, thanks for the well wishes....let me just say, all your posts are pleasant and uplifting, you're probably a heck of a nice guy! Doyle

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
Wow Doyle, those should be pretty aggressive/sticky tires, can't wait to see the videos of you and Rob on the track, I hope both of you have a good safe time.
Feels like I'm starting over from scratch, gettin back slowly but surely, today I got the new Busa inspected and registered for Cali, now I just got to go over a few mechanical issues then I should be ready to give her a test run.

raydog

Donating Member
Registered
Gene, you should drive over to Willow, CA and watch for awhile! Robb's bringing a cabana cover too. Doyle

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Doyle...sounds like you got some good and trustworthy advice from the crew.

Will definitely look forward to your 'take' on the performance as advised, and even more to the track video!

:beerchug: Nice work, bro!

macon454

181.552 mph Texas mile on a B-King 3/28/09, AKA "C
Donating Member
Registered
Have a great time, cant wait for the video. :thumbsup:

BIG GUY

Registered
Can't wait to see the video of you riding Doyle! I am sure I can learn alot more from the video.

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I will be at the Dentist in Corning tuesday a.m. so I will roll down to T-Hill after that, look for me there about 1 pm. :thumbsup:

raydog

Donating Member
Registered
I will be at the Dentist in Corning tuesday a.m. so I will roll down to T-Hill after that, look for me there about 1 pm. :thumbsup:
That's great Kent! Looking forward to your arrival. Remember to look for my truck (below). CU there! Doyle

P1000294.JPG

ozz

Donating Member
Registered
Cant wait for the 7th Doyle!...im so fired up to hit T-Hill and learn and grow as a better rider, im all set with new qualifiers and HH brakes as well just gotta load the bike in the truck and roll!....i will see ya monday night maybe you Karen and me can get something to eat when we get there:beerchug:

raydog

Donating Member
Registered
Cant wait for the 7th Doyle!...im so fired up to hit T-Hill and learn and grow as a better rider, im all set with new qualifiers and HH brakes as well just gotta load the bike in the truck and roll!....i will see ya monday night maybe you Karen and me can get something to eat when we get there:beerchug:
I'll just put my bike in the truck, I haven't registered the trailer yet and I don't want to deal with DMV on monday! I'll be at the motel at around 4-5 pm. Doyle

SKnight

Registered
When you get to the track talk to the tire guys about what you're doing. They'll give you some good ideas about pressures.

Also if you haven't had this done talk to the suspension guy about setting it for your weight. Dialing the suspension to my (Considerable) weight made the biggest difference for me.

Biggest things are have fun, stay hydrated, and pay attention to how tired you are. I started making stupid mistakes toward the end of my day and sat out the last session because of it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Well, took the plunge today... Random Thoughts 27
bigdr Finally took the plunge General Bike Related Topics 43
S Took the plunge on a new '05 General Bike Related Topics 8
qarnaj Took the plunge General Bike Related Topics 12
busapilot911 Took the Plunge Busa Mods 10
Slowstang305 Took a short road trip to St. Augustine, FL Off Topic 3
fallenarch Took the BMW Swimming Trips and Touring 10
WuzzaCBXRider Took a lil ride today General Bike Related Topics 30
Baldguy Whats up guys I took the busa pill New Owners Forum 97
WuzzaCBXRider Took a lil ride to Glacier Pt. General Bike Related Topics 3
WuzzaCBXRider Took a lil ride today General Bike Related Topics 2
c10 Took the BusaWing out today . General Bike Related Topics 1
piratediverjefff Battery Took A Dump General Bike Related Topics 33
L I Broke My Maf When I Took Out My Air Box Busa problems 3
Ham So I Took A Ride With A Pro Today General Bike Related Topics 12
mike04busa Took A Bath After The Hayas In The Hills General Bike Related Topics 9
c10 Spring Break . Took The Day Off For Some Riding With My Son . General Bike Related Topics 11
captain Took My Youngest To The 45th Infantry Museum Random Thoughts 7
c10 New Busa home . Took her apart some for mods . Gen II Busa Information 17
methodicreign It took 33 years but I finally got a "grip" Random Thoughts 18
ky busa Took a little trip (pics) General Bike Related Topics 14
ky busa Took the busa out today finally General Bike Related Topics 4
My Busa Took the wife to today's MotoGp Race... MotoGP 2013 Indianapolis - Day At The Track Videos 3
Hayabusawannabe Took a little trip to Cool Trips and Touring 7
My Busa Took the wife to Council Bluffs Iowa Videos 1
My Busa Took the wife to the Henry Doorly Zoo, One of the largest Zoo's in the country Videos 8
rubbersidedown Please consider these photos I took (chinese vs OEM fairings) before buying General Bike Related Topics 28
lil charlie Took the boy fishing Random Thoughts 7
L Took my recently purchased Gen II to the dragstrip Gen II Busa Information 20
newman Lynne took her cbt yesterday. Random Thoughts 13
rubbersidedown I found that picture I took of Rooster Rider007 Random Thoughts 16
Twobrothersbusa Took a ride Saturday General Bike Related Topics 11
Eddie Neat picture I took while out riding General Bike Related Topics 43
I Motogp indy ~ took a few pics!!! General Bike Related Topics 9
880jedi Took a boat ride by San Quenton prison Random Thoughts 9
methyman Took my Busa to the 1/8 th mile for the first time! 1/4 Mile 7
880jedi Took 1st place in chicken and beef competition Random Thoughts 12
Sum Beach Took the boy for his first ride tonight!! Random Thoughts 19
tracks Dingo Took Baby in 1980 Case... Random Thoughts 3
mr8ball Took a little ride today Random Thoughts 5
Stilslo Took a ride out to Skyline Drive this morning Trips and Touring 31
Eddie My girlfriend took the kids to the zoo today and sent me this pic Random Thoughts 12
Lurch Took Ex Girlfriends son to the track for practice (pics) Random Thoughts 23
captain I took my pic of the moon, where is yours? Random Thoughts 27
Eddie It took me a while, but I finally got a Busa! New Owners Forum 47
M It took 4 yrs... Gen II Busa Information 13
Tiller Took the wife out for a ride today... It was great General Bike Related Topics 17
haya2005busa Took a ride out the the beach today. General Bike Related Topics 18
Blanca BusaLess Wow! Danika took a Whack yesterday at Daytona Random Thoughts 15
Tiller New (to me) bike - Finally took pics General Bike Related Topics 41