Tire Talk and Warmers

Justin, have you ever priced tires to anyone on this board? If the price is right we'd all rather buy them from you instead....

I've sold a few sets of Pirelli's to members on here, but nothing Dunlop. It's hard for me to compete against the online tire warehouses on pricing on a lot of brands because of their inventory. However, when we do our spring order for tires, we usually average in the cost of the "free" tires into the 120/70 and the 180/55. That brings down the cost by a lot. So come spring time, I should have pretty competitive pricing and I'm hoping I can get the cost down on the 190/50's this year too

I've sold a few sets of Pirelli's to members on here, but nothing Dunlop. It's hard for me to compete against the online tire warehouses on pricing on a lot of brands because of their inventory. However, when we do our spring order for tires, we usually average in the cost of the "free" tires into the 120/70 and the 180/55. That brings down the cost by a lot. So come spring time, I should have pretty competitive pricing and I'm hoping I can get the cost down on the 190/50's this year too

I would assume you would have a difficult time meeting/beating high volume online warehouses (after all, you need to make a profit too). Having said that, when the time comes that you think you could offer a good deal, I'm sure we'd all like to see it on the .org!

I would assume you would have a difficult time meeting/beating high volume online warehouses (after all, you need to make a profit too). Having said that, when the time comes that you think you could offer a good deal, I'm sure we'd all like to see it on the .org!

Absolutely. I've been trying to find something else to advertise on here for about a month now

You won't generate much interest in the 190/50's unless the price is super cheap. I think I can speak for most org members that the 190/55 is the preferred tire.

I'd really like to see you get somewhat competitive with the popular Q2. I think most of us would pay a few extra bucks to buy your tires in support of an org sponsor as well as Captain!

Hey Tuff,

I am signed up to run my first track day at Barber in March, and i am bringing the Busa. Do you recommend the Q2's, and should i run the 190/55 instead?

Thanks,
Donald

Make sure you stop in and say Hi to the Team Gixxer crew. All three of us are going to be at that event. We'll be pitted on the 2nd level of the paddock area right next to the food stand.

Hey Tuff,

I am signed up to run my first track day at Barber in March, and i am bringing the Busa. Do you recommend the Q2's, and should i run the 190/55 instead?

Thanks,
Donald

Make sure you stop in and say Hi to the Team Gixxer crew. All three of us are going to be at that event. We'll be pitted on the 2nd level of the paddock area right next to the food stand.

+1000, another Nashville rider?

Hey Tuff,

Thanks,
Donald

To answer your question, Yes, and Yes. If you have any questions or need help, we can assist in prepping your bike. There should be some other Busa's running in N (TreyYoung says he's gonna be there also, and I think there's one more member says he's gonna be there too).

+1000, another Nashville rider?

To answer your question, Yes, and Yes. If you have any questions or need help, we can assist in prepping your bike. There should be some other Busa's running in N (TreyYoung says he's gonna be there also, and I think there's one more member says he's gonna be there too).

Keith, I branched out last night.... went with the 190/55 Q2. Gonna see how it works out. TEAM GIXXER!!!

Supposed to improve your Turn in, but I'm not good enough to be able to tell the difference much.

Shydriver:

I have been made aware of the curbing at VIR. I can tell you that I am not happy about it! It was installed to keep the cars from short cutting the track in the areas they installed it at. This also caused issues with dirt being thrown on to the track during a race causing others to loose traction and wrecking. VIR got tired of filling in the ruts made too. Arron Stevens from Corner Speed has looked into this matter and has worked with VIR on this issue. As far as me riding this year, I am not sure yet. I may be having surgery on my right knee now. I twisted it on Christmas Day walking the dogs. I stepped on a few gumballs rounding a corner and my right leg went out from under me. When I landed on it, a few things went pop! When I got up I couldnt move it comfortably and it felt crunchy. I went to the Dr. last week , and he thinks I have a torn mencius. I had a MRI the following day. It was confirmed I have a torn mencius (how bad not sure yet), just waiting on the next step from the Dr. Also before I get back to the track, I need the suspension gone through. It needs to be setup for my needs. The stock suspension isnt even close to being right for my weight. The front forks being the main thing not right.

Now the Q2's are a damn good tire. I have rode 4 track days on them. 2 days in the Intermediate class, and 2 days in the Advance class. Run very good on the street too. I wore out a brand new set last Spring Bash. I put 1500 hard miles on them in 6 days riding the dragon, route 28, and blood mountain. They looked like race slicks when I was done with them. I like them much better then the Pilot Pures, which squirmed and felt loose to me

Yes that is what I have been saying! I am over having a surgery a year.... this would make 4 in 4 years!

Yes that is what I have been saying! I am over having a surgery a year.... this would make 4 in 4 years!

Hate to hear. Just had meniscus surgery in Oct last year and that was my 3rd. I had hip core decompression in May of last year. I feel your pain Sir! Best wishes to you!!

Hate to hear. Just had meniscus surgery in Oct last year and that was my 3rd. I had hip core decompression in May of last year. I feel your pain Sir! Best wishes to you!!

Same to you!:beerchug: Get well, and ride a busa doing it on Q2's! :laugh:

Hey Tuff,

Thanks,
Donald

Holy Cow Donald, are you going to Barber to build up the reputation of the "Gixxer Boys"? They surely need help in that department.

On the tires, I'd certainly go with the 55 series. Although there is little if any difference in grip between the 50 & 55, the 55 will raise the rear of your busa by roughly 5mm which is an asset.

I'm happy to see you are including a track day into your riding resume. Welcome to the addiction! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the response SkyDivr. I will definitely come over to meet u guys on that Friday night. Any tips or tricks for setting up the bike? I have some of my safety wiring done already. I'm thinking about getting the suspension set up there. What do u think?

Gonna be good to meet another soon to be track junkie :laugh:

If you will just be running novice or intermediate you dont actually have to have any safety wiring done, but it's a good idea because you dont want to be THAT guy.

Also, I had Ken from superbike suspension set my bike up last time out in October. Althought I dont think I am talented enough to be able to tell small differences, i posted my best lap times ever at Barber that day so that's why I say having your suspension set-up is worth it. At least for that peace of mind knowing that it isn't at least all JACKED up!

Definately stop by to say hello and I promise you will NOT be able to miss us with our enourmous banner :lol:

Back