Short(-ish) Notice SoCalHoon Roll-out (some of the pix)

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Hey, ya'llz...

Sorta short notice, but I alluded to a ride for tomorrow, and it's going to come to pass.

Anyone wanting to ride tomorrow should be at the Denny's at Kearny Villa (by FBC) tomorrow morning by 9a; fueled and ready to roll.

I'll put out word on the SoCalHoons forum, as well...hope to see you there.

:beerchug:

We'll just do some of the local-ish roads; no big whoop.

Retardless, it'll be good ridin'.

...great.

...and yes, I did say 'retardless.' :laugh:

Wish I could make this Mr. Retardo Montalban,
But I have other prior engagements with the fam.

You guy's have fun,

Bubba aka Ricky Retardo

I wont be there....i ate something bad and have been in bed all day

:poke:

Last edited:
I be at work (as always). Enjoy the tire-scrubbing, knee-dragging, pie-eating action for me guys...

Hey Mang,
I can't make this one either. How have you been?
I am gearing up for the Stampede!

There may be one more chance to ride before the big event, I will let you know.
Bubba

Ha!

Okay. I'm going a little early for breakfast...so see you other hoons there.

So, here are the pix I shot today...four of 'em, only, from JPS (Julian Pie Shop).

We had the most fascinating start to the day, though...

This near-60-year-old Japanese transplant, named Ichiro, came to admire the three 'busas in the parking lot at our meeting place.

He talked with us in his very broken English about the Hayabusa of WWII, the fighter plane. We discussed the deep space explorer, Hayabusa, as well.

Then, he sang a song which the Japanese had written specifically for the WWII fighter (Hayabusa)...from start to finish, in his native tongue...right there in Denny's parking lot.

It was truly awesome.

It is not the last time I see Ichiro.

Carlos, his wife and I are going to his restaurant for dinner this evening. (Better) pix to follow.

:beerchug:

Julian Pie 1.jpg

Julian Pie2 2.jpg

Julian Pie 3.jpg

Julian Pie 4.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!
Sounds like a great meeting, and a very interesting man!
Wish I had been there. :down:

Won't be long though. :beerchug:

Bubba

I just had to have this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hayabusa.....:thumbsup:

It's so funny to remember...

He goes: "they're so fast." Not immediately sure if he was referring to the fighter of yesterwar or today's 2-wheel king of speed, but it didn't matter.

There was a pregnant pause and he was looking at us... We...looking off into the distance through glassed over eyes...both go, in unison..."heyeah..." then we all busted up laughing...because we all knew...

Hellafast.

It's so funny to remember...

He goes: "they're so fast." Not immediately sure if he was referring to the fighter of yesterwar or today's 2-wheel king of speed, but it didn't matter.

There was a pregnant pause and he was looking at us... We...looking off into the distance through glassed over eyes...both go, in unison..."heyeah..." then we all busted up laughing...because we all knew...

Hellafast.

Faster than any old speed limit, that's for sure!

Back