Sunday's roll out was a stinger!

thebbbusa

Donating Member
Registered
This post is going to be very boring without pics, but that's another story.  (Seems, I've lost (or it's been stolen) my digicam.)  So you've all seen the last three pics taken with that cam.  The ones with Rhythm, BBB and Dudewzr.

Anyway,  Some of you may have seen that a few of us got out last Sunday in Ohio for a little ride.  A great time was had by all, but something strange happened to me while we were out:

Get this, we're rolling down S.R. 555 and I get the typical bug splats and such on the visor.  Well, one of those 'splats' hits me square in the neck, between my helmet and leathers.  Now this wasn't your typical thump from a bug, no, this stung and stung minutes later!  So I am rolling along thinking this couldn't be possible.  Did I just get stung by that bee I ran into?  Sure enough the next day my neck has a great big red spot, like a bee sting.

Ok so here's the funny thing, I think what happened was I ran in to the a$$ end of a bee flying in the same direction as I was riding!  I mean bee stingers are in the back of the bee, so that's the only way it could've happened!

Well, I thought it was funny.  Anybody else ever been stung while riding, or have any good bug and moto stories?

Have a great day!

Ok so here's the funny thing, I think what happened was I ran in to the a$$ end of a bee flying in the same direction as I was riding!  I mean bee stingers are in the back of the bee, so that's the only way it could've happened![/QUOTE]

Thatz what you get for tail gat'n .  
laugh.gif

Sorry about your camera, B-man, that was a dayyum nice one you had there, Playa.
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121991239 -->

Thatz what you get for tail gat'n [/QUOTE]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sorry about your cam mate!!

laugh.gif

I actually got stung while riding before, past my jacket and down the shirt, now either two bees flew down there or one stung me more then once, but I thought if a bee stings you it loses its stinger. Anyhoo it hurt. I feel your pain
wink.gif

paineless4u
Hayabusa Master

Group: Donating Member
Avg posts/day:4.41
Location: Northern Italy born Hammond IN     Posted: July 21 2005,13:flamethrowing:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I actually got stung while riding before, past my jacket and down the shirt, now either two bees flew down there or one stung me more then once, but I thought if a bee stings you it loses its stinger. Anyhoo it hurt. I feel your pain  
[/QUOTE]

Can you say Hornet
rock.gif
?  Those suckaz are packn an AB-10 automatic with a full magazine.  
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121994045 -->

nope never been stung, had a bee hit my visor, but only half of it splattered, when i turned my head the wind caught it and he slid off the side leaving a trail lol

You know, I can't imagine how all these people out here ride without full face helmets or no helmet on the freeway!

EVERY time I've ridden with just sunglasses, a bug or something has gotten into one of my eyes. I can't imagine what one of those big splats would've felt like!

Bee hit me on the neck too. I didn't get stung but when I pulled my shirt off, down its little carcass went.
devil.gif

I hadn't thought of this particular incident in years... this reminded me.. so I'll share my truly ... truly.... TRUUUULY horrible experience..

This was several years back.. I suppose I was 19, or maybe 20 at the time. I'd been riding a street bike for about.. hmm.. say 1 1/2 yrs, or maybe 2 at the most. This was back in my squidish days.. well not entirely squidish. I did have a leather jacket, helmet, gloves.. but no pants/boots.

Our story begins on a perfect July 4th day. 85 degrees or so .. some random clouds.. Perfect riding weather. There I was zipping along on my trusty stead.. which at the time was simply an awesome bike to me. It was perfect for a younger, somewhat un-experienced rider. The Awesome 94 Kawasaki EX250. (the little ninja) It was black with purple, green, and silver stripes. I was IT ya know. 19 yo with a sport bike I could afford insurance on. What more could a 19 yo ask for? Anyway.. I'm zipping down Rt. 52 not too far from my parents home in Swords Creek Va. (if your really into details you can map quest it) Somewhere between Saltville VA, and Tazewell VA. It happened.. I felt a very small "bug thump" on my chest. No bother though. "What a nice day to be out riding." .. so far.

Now every guy has a favorite pair of jeans. I am no exception to that rule. Normally said jeans are slightly worn, and have alteast a few holes in them. Again, mine were no exception. The seam in the crotch of these pants had given up trying to stay together. There was about a 1"-2" inch hole in the perfect place to provide... "ventilation" to my boys. All the better to make the ride perfect I thought.

I go about a mile down the road when I feel a squiggling between my legs.. "What the hell?" my mind raced. Any sport biker can tell you that riding down a two lane mnt. road is not the easiest place to be checking your crotch out.. First off.. it's hard to get your hand in there.. and second off your helmets chin bar invariably will be in the line of site. I moved my gloved hand around down there a bit to see what all the hubbub was about, felt nothing, and the squiggling seemed to have stopped. "Some random bug just wanted to check my package out a little.. no biggie". Onward I continued...

More squiggling around.. only this time it's INSIDE my pants. I can feel little legs wiggling about.. actually touching areas that aught not be touched by anything posessing more than two (preferably shaven) legs. Suddenly there is a very sharp, seering pain in my nether region.. a pain that instantly says "STOP THE BIKE NOW OR I'M GETTING OFF WITHOUT YOU." Much panic stoppage, and frantic kick stand putting down insues. I can still feel some creeping going on, plus I've already been stung. "Please god let it be a honey bee so It can only get me once!" I'm saying to myself. I unbutton, and unzip my beloved jeans, cram both.. still gloved hands down my undies looking for any foriegn matter to squeeze the life out of before it can inflict more damage to my twig-n-berries. The only problem was I couldn't find anything that didn't belong! By this time my pants had slipped down closer to my knees than my waist. Then I feel the damnable ####### wiggling around again.. It was apparently trying to flee the scene because I distinctly felt wing flappage just above, and behind my knee. "To hell with this, he's not getting me again!" my mind screams as I grab the waist line, jerk the pants to my ankles and go begin to deal death to the trespasser. I spotted the assailant, give him a vicious wallop to the body and watched him fall to the ground still twitching, but obviously in dire straits.

Now being a guy.. and a rather high strung one.. especially in my slightly younger days. I claimed victory in my own way.. It involved alot of high volume cursing, and flipping off of the dead body.. I don't remember exactly what was said.. although I believe the bark on the tree's were blistered when I was finished. I due remember the phrase "Killed yo mo-fo'ing ass, and I'm going to find your family and kill all those mo-fo's too!" being mentioned at the height of the victory dance.. which also included stomping the bug into oblivion.

At this time I decided it may be a good time to get back to some semblence of normal behavior... and pull my pants back up. Unfortunatly... this is also when I noticed the picture-esque setting of a backyard BBQ going on about 25-30 yards to my immediate left. Complete with grandma and grandpa, aunts, uncles and all the grandbabies sitting around the umbrella covered lawn furniture in varying looks of astonishment, and abject horror. Some with spoons halway between the plate, and mouth. Full of what I'm sure was exceptionally good cole slaw, or other such fare that are typical of 4th of July cookouts. Others with cold beer in outstretched hands about to be opened by the cooler while reminiscing of fishing, or hunting trips with close friends, and family.

Mortification doesn't exactly describe the particular emotion I was feeling... but it will do for this sad attempt at story telling.

Needless to say I got the pants back, didn't bother buttong or zipping up.. just get them up enough to get back on the bike and get moving. I didn't look back, or spit apon the intruder as I had been thinking,, I just got out of dodge.

Oh, and the bee... well turns out it was a sweat bee.. but it still hurts to be stung by one at the very edge where normal skin turns into..uhmm.. nut sack skin about 2 inches from your bung hole.

I didn't ride with those jeans anymore.
blush.gif

Hey Leggo-my-ego:
Great story Bro. Thanks for that. I needed someone elses misfortune to laugh about.

Awesome story man, people were peeking over my cubicle wondering what I was giggling about. LOL

riding Kawasaki Nomad (my other bike for long road trips) from Vegas to Salt Lake City three weeks ago with my wife on the back, a bee hit me in my ear and got stuck there (I was wearing a beanie helmet). When I swiped her off with my throttle hand at about 85 mph she stung me, just kept going since I was about 50 miles either way from any civilization.
mad.gif

You know, I can't imagine how all these people out here ride without full face helmets or no helmet on the freeway!

EVERY time I've ridden with just sunglasses, a bug or something has gotten into one of my eyes.  I can't imagine what one of those big splats would've felt like!
yeah it cracks me up them Harley riders with a big ol' gootee with nothing but a bandana and some shades. Wonder what they find in their gootee after a long ride.
biggrin.gif

Pure_Ego said: "This was back in my squidish days.. well not entirely squidish. I did have a leather jacket, helmet, gloves.. but no pants/boots. "

How did you keep your ass from sticking to the seat?

I always make a point of never riding without pants...

tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|expat
Reason for Edit: "Now 50% more funny!"|1122068257 -->

Back