Short Notice (SoCal) VMan1300 Memorial Ride

I wish I could join you. I'm going to LA via car so take me with you in your thoughts. Be safe.

I wish I could join you. I'm going to LA via car so take me with you in your thoughts. Be safe.

Count on it...and thank you.

Again, there'll be another opportunity in the nearer-term to do this. There will be an announcement and more time for planning.

My hats off to you Scar, you're the "Man of the hour" for sure. Have a safe and enjoyable memory making ride! His family members are surely appreciating what you're doing!! What a tragic loss! My condolences go out to the family.

Have a nice, fun, safe ride!Its kind of you to let others know and to do this for your friend.
Sorry i cud not be there!Its Canada and its still freekin cold up here,
Have fun
Oh ,and very sorry to hear about Kevin.

Thanks, Jimbo...but this is all for Kevin, for sure! No 'man of the hour' stuff here.

Every piece of planning for this ride is specifically for his remembrance.

Just throwin' that out there...

Scar, if you will be searching for a date for memorial ride, remember June 7th through
14th....that's when I'll be a biker in SoCal. Doyle

Scar, if you will be searching for a date for memorial ride, remember June 7th through
14th....that's when I'll be a biker in SoCal. Doyle

Good thinking, Doyle. Let's make that happen! :beerchug:

Well, we're getting ready to roll. Lamb, Marcel, Shoty and I are heading out as the 'early contingent'. We'll have another 15-20 people meeting us around 10:30.

Thinking of you, Kev!

Shifting gears...

Some of you know that I lost a friend yesterday to cancer. He battled two years...fought the good fight; was well-known, well-loved, and admired all across this country... To those who expressed words of encouragement and support to me even though you did not know him, thank you very much. I still ache, but knowing that the fight is finally over for him brings some solace to me.

Ladies and gentlemen, dear friends of mine...please take a moment to reflect on your own life, to think about how we can all more positively impact those around us...and then also to remember my friend, Kevin Varner (aka VMan1300), 'busa (and R1) pilot extraordinaire. I've added a couple pictures of Kevin. He passed yesterday morning.

Of what does this type of loss remind us? It reminds us that there are no guarantees on even our next breath. Please remember to tell your friends how much they mean to you... If there is something...any wrinkle...between friends or family, take a deep breath, surrender your ego, and iron it out.

I will do my best by all of you...I promise.

Very nice words...I enjoyed reading. Thank you!!

Last edited:
Back