Short Notice (SoCal) VMan1300 Memorial Ride

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
SoCal .oRgsters...

For ANY of you who can make it, I've scheduled a special ride tomorrow in memory of Kevin.

Many of the people who will attend this ride have never interacted with Kevin; but they're friends of mine so they're coming out (on however short notice) to ride and honor him.

I posted the information on my local forum (socalsportbikes@yahoogroups.com). I wish I was headed to the East Coast to join Kevin's family and the rest of the .oRgsters, but it is impossible.

Here are tomorrow's ride details...cut-and-pasted from my launching thread.

Hey, ya'll...

So here's the dealio for tomorrow, Saturday, 28MAR09...

Anyone want to go spanking early? :)

Lamb and I are leaving San Diego at 6:45 (yes, a.m.) heading to Gopher...through the twisties to 76 for a stint on Palomar (tight side up, fast side down...Mesa Grande, Santa Ysabel to Old Julian through Ramona to Highland Valley Road (ending over by Shaka's house...where it dumps you at the 15). You all remember Shaka, right (hey, bro; whassup)?

Anyway...

The rest of you (late-sleepers) can meet at Starbux Mira Mesa 10:00, (visors down at 10:30) to meet me and Lamb at Highland Valley Road (Pomerado @ I-15)...where we will group and head back up Highland Valley (and other points from there...I doubt there'll be any roads most of you haven't seen before).

Look forward to seeing a good crew tomorrow. For my own personal reasons, I'm calling it the VMan1300 Memorial Ride.

=====================

Shifting gears...

Some of you know that I lost a friend yesterday to cancer. He battled two years...fought the good fight; was well-known, well-loved, and admired all across this country... To those who expressed words of encouragement and support to me even though you did not know him, thank you very much. I still ache, but knowing that the fight is finally over for him brings some solace to me.

Ladies and gentlemen, dear friends of mine...please take a moment to reflect on your own life, to think about how we can all more positively impact those around us...and then also to remember my friend, Kevin Varner (aka VMan1300), 'busa (and R1) pilot extraordinaire. I've added a couple pictures of Kevin. He passed yesterday morning.

Of what does this type of loss remind us? It reminds us that there are no guarantees on even our next breath. Please remember to tell your friends how much they mean to you... If there is something...any wrinkle...between friends or family, take a deep breath, surrender your ego, and iron it out.

I will do my best by all of you...I promise.

See you tomorrow.

Scar

Additionally, I used two photos posted by .org members and added them to my invitation. I'll upload them here, so you can see the ones I chose.

So, all you SoCal .oRg members...if you can come to join us for this ride, it'd be great to have you along. We will send a picture of all of us in the 'helmet salute' to Kat (Kevin's sister) for any Kevin Scrapbook that might be created.

...lastly, a VERY special thanks to Kat for your personal attention and interaction. You are truly a shining star...and I am humbled by your strength.

Kevin2.jpg

Kevin3.jpg

For everyone who cannot make it...I suspect there'll be another tribute ride, when we have more time to schedule.

This one's particularly important to me, because it seems most significant to do something simultaneous with Kevin's viewing...

Hey Scar great thing you are doing:thumbsup: you guys stay safe on your ride:thumbsup:

Never met Kevin, but wish I had. Sounds like a heck of a nice guy! Would love to make the ride but I'm in Virginia! lol Maybe another time. Be safe and have fun! :)

Great tribute to a fellow biker.
Kudos to you SCAR.
I didn't know Kevin but sounds like a good man.
Sorry I cant be there for this.
Bubba

Back