Friday Afternoon with the Vegas Hoons

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
So, as a precursor to the "Plenty of Notice" ride (also known as the SoCalHoon-a-thon), some of the far-away hoons came to town early.

First to arrive were those from Vegas.

Luckily, I was able to put work aside Friday afternoon and give them a brief tour of the city.

Big O and JDog/GDog were both supposed to be in town a little earlier but their plans were thwarted by typical Friday SoCal traffic, and weren't able to get in until exactly dinner time.

Too bad, but what are you going to do? (Don't answer that; it's rhetorical.)

So, to start off, we went to lunch down at South Mission Beach...a few pix from that.

Then, we headed across the San Diego/Coronado Bay Bridge and took a few minutes to enjoy the sea view and roll by the famous Hotel del Coronado.

One local was kind enough to get a picture of the lot of us together, but I think that pic is located in the main (Plenty of Notice) thread...

(many of these pix were taken using my cell phone...)

Bikes at SoMis.jpg

Kaui at Pacific Beach.jpg

Howie and Leslie at Lunch.jpg

Crew at Rock Wall Coronado.jpg

After we were all fed, I took them over to Cabrillo National Monument, first to the Tide Pools, then up to the monument...where we stood and viewed the city from an elevated, westerly location.

Sweet views.

Cabrillo National Monument.jpg

Crew at Tide Pools.jpg

Crew at Point Loma.jpg

It was getting to be dinner time, so I took Kaui/Leslie and Mike/Alysa and Howie over to the hotel to get ready.

Howie collected his luggage and I took him to Casa de Scar to settle in.

By this time, BigO and JDog/GDog were near arriving from their separate locations.

Howie and I went back to the hotel and collected the crew and headed over to the restaurant, Acapulco, in Old Town.

JDog/GDog didn't arrive until we were about to order, so they don't appear in these pix...Sorry.

Anyway; an awesome time was had by all...

and I, for one, can't wait to do it again! :beerchug:

Dinner at Acapulco.jpg

Dinner at Acapulco 4 (Helmets).jpg

Dinner at Acapulco 3.jpg

Dinner at Acapulco 2.jpg

...and this little gathering would snow-ball into this...

The Crew (Official).jpg

A big "Thank You" goes out to Scar for his hospitality and being a wonderful tour guide. The Vegas Hoons had a wonderful time enjoying the beautiful sights San Diego has to offer. Next time we will plan to stay longer. It's much different seeing San Diego on a Busa than it is in a cage. I will post more pictures when I get back from my ride to Mt. Charleston today.
Aloha,
Kaui

I did'nt realize there were that many that showed up! Awesome!:thumbsup: BTW Hawaiian; in case you did'nt figure it out it was me who called you Friday morning and left the VM! Glad you, the wife and the other Vegas hoons had a great time!! Hanging with Scar and the like I would expect nothing less!!!:thumbsup:

Nice pix, yo!

Thanks for making the trip... It was great to see you and to meet your wife...

:beerchug:

More to come...

Looks like a great time, minus the Chopstix get off. His bike looks soooo much like mine did. SCARY! Wish I could have been there with ya all for the whole ride!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did'nt realize there were that many that showed up! Awesome!:thumbsup: BTW Hawaiian; in case you did'nt figure it out it was me who called you Friday morning and left the VM! Glad you, the wife and the other Vegas hoons had a great time!! Hanging with Scar and the like I would expect nothing less!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks, Aaron...of course you know I hold you in very high regard...:whistle:

See you in Reno, yo!

Great pics of what looks like an awesome time .
Thanks for sharing .

I still have some oem GenII stuff in a box at home .
Think I have a clutch lever , clutch line and maybe some other stuff as well.

Let me know if Chopstix needs it as sitting in a box in my shed does nobody any good .

Last edited:
As usual, looks like a great time. Wish I could make it down to SD pre-ride and hang out with all of you. You'd make a good tour-group leader, Scar!:laugh:

Awesome weekend! Awesome bikes! Best of all, Awesome company! Thanks everyone for a wonderful time! Howie, my wife and I had fun heading back home after the ride. Note to self, Stay another day after a long day of riding. Better yet, Trailer it! LOL!

Back