Pix from the Weekend

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
So, an interesting weekend...

Friday, I went to Fun Bike Center...saw the January 2010 issue of Rider's Review, and in it, some familar (hoon) faces...

:whistle:

Row 1: Ken (Klatu848), Lamb
Row 2: Jeff (Wharthog3), Carlos (Carlsbadbusa)
Row 3: Scar, Jeff (Jdog)

(pic courtesy of Rider's Review Editor, Cal.)

Media Hoons.jpg

Next, was Marcel's birthday party, Friday night at "The Neighborhood" in downtown San Diego.

I went to pick up JD at his place and while we were en route to the club for Marcel's Belgian Beerathon, :laugh:, I drove by a club called The Flame...apparently, the F was on sabbatical.

:rofl:

Here's a pic of the sign, and Marcel and his fiancee, Brenda.

:beerchug:

The Lame.jpg

Marcel & Brenda.jpg

Last edited:
On Saturday, Adam d'Hoon and I met for breakfast and went (by cage) to the absolute powersports-mecca, Chaparral Motorsports in San Bernardino. It's got to be more than 300,000 sqft of nothing but everything you love.

Adam had never been there before, so I was particularly glad to be able to introduce him to it's awesomeness.

Here are a couple of pix of Bubba's new sled's 'siblings' on the floor at Chaparral...

:whistle:

Patch's Siblings (1).jpg

Patch's Siblings (2).jpg

Wow, thanks for the pics and the update on Chaparral, I did not see the other Gray one when I was there. They do have an awesome showroom!:thumbsup:
Talk soon yahoon,
Bubba

On the way there, and on the way back, we were graced by the view of the towering San Bernardino and San Jacinto mountains...covered in snow.

I took a bunch of pix both with my cell-phone and my camera. Some of the images were taken today, as I drove East to return to Phoenix...

We don't get a lot of visible snow this far south, so you can tell I was in awe.

Hope you all had a decent weekend, as well.

Scar

San Bernardino (1).jpg

San Bernardino (2).jpg

San Bernardino (3).jpg

San Bernardino (4) (Mirro).jpg

San Bernardino (5).jpg

...and the last of them...

Taken from the overpass from I-10E at Chiriaco Pass...the only way to the General George S. Patton Museum, out there in the middle of the barren, parched, wasteland... "the perfect place to train."

Essentially...the last place from which I stopped to look at the snow...realizing it might be next year before I see any again...

:laugh: Sorry.

Chiriaco Summit (Patton Museum).jpg

I can't believe you stopped on the side of the freeway in YUCAIPA and didn't stop in. :rulez: By the way where you were parked was covered in snow Friday!

Last edited:
Scar, what have I told you about breaking into my garage and takin pics of my bikes? :laugh:

As Always, great pics:thumbsup:

I can't believe you stopped on the side of the freeway in YUCAIPA and didn't stop in. :rulez: By the way where you were parked was covered in snow Friday!

I did think about you both days while up there, Mike... Next time, I'll build in time for an impromptu cup of coffee or lunch/dinner or something.

Never ever expected Scar d'Hoon to post photos of SNOW! Did you have to ask passers-by what it was?! :rofl:

Back