Sharky down...

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you get better soon man
beerchug.gif

Update:

The cop did NOT write that guy a ticket or assign fault because I was NOT present to issue a statement, he didn't even want to talk to me on the phone about, said just come pickup the report in a few days, and its $4. That guy and the cop know each other, called him by his first name.

So I call this guy and he's really nice over the phone, goes with an insurance company I never heard of: Unitrin County Mutual. I file a claim and give a statement...get assigned an adjuster who wants more evidence, pictures, talk to witnesses, asked me a bunch of things repeatedly, wants all my medical records, blah blah blah!

She said if the damages are more than half the value of the bike, its considered a total loss and I would get a check for that amount and have to surrender the bike. If so, I may have some parts I can swap out.

I NEED HELP!

Everyone who took pictures, please email them to me ASAP: darekmalone@hotmail.com

Everyone who was there and willing to give a statement on what they saw, or heard this guy admit it was entirely his fault, please email me or PM for your contact information. I need to get a witness list together.

HRHDi (Mrs Dan), I gave the adjuster your number and she wants to speak with you. Can you please give her the contact information for the other witnesses?

Hate to ask for more favors, but I think they are going to try to call this a "no fault accident".

...and thanks to Jerry (Busa_Chemist) for trailoring my bike back down to Waco. Forever in your debt brother. The bike is not as bad as I thought, but still enough to cause worry. It won't start, shift, part of instrument cluster not working, all fairing is damaged, stator busted, triple clamp bents, and scrapes, nicks, small bends in various places. Not sure how its going to turn out...

Sharky

Sent you a PM Sharky.
got it...I knew something would happen because they were calling eachother my their first names. Locals are take of each other I guess. Hopefully I will not have to file with my own insurance, it will definitely raise my premiums.

I may need to swap some parts if I have to surrender the bike. We'll see...

fight.gif

I'm going to try this one more time...if it doesn't work, I'll just be Dan for a bit.
wowold.gif

I am waiting for her call. I think everyone there heard the guy say it was his fault. The other couple on the trike saw the whole thing and I have their info (they made sure I had it before they left).

So, let's suppose that you were a 12 year old on a 10-speed and this same yahoo pulled out in front of you and you were unconcious and sent to the hospital. Would there still be no ticket since the unconcious victim couldn't make a statement? Ignorant.

PM Sent Sharky,

If they need statements of the guy admitting fault, I definitely heard him say it over and over again especially in front of the Sheriff that it was his fault and he didn't see you coming till it was too late because he thought that the pack had passed. This kind of doesn't suprise me, The sheriff was kind of a jerk, he came with his mind made up that it was your fault already. He kept making statements like, you were probably going to fast around the corner and crap like that. I kept having to correct his statements because he was trying to lead the other guy into not admitting fault. Total BS.
firedevil.gif

Does anyone know the cost of a full set of fairings, prepped and painted to stock black?

Here's a list of damaged items:

All fairings
All inners
Windshield
Mirrors
Fairing spikes
stator
exhaust
pegs, brake and shifter
grips and levers
grab bar
kickstand
license bracket
handbars and controls
instrument cluster
frankenstein bolts, spools, etc...
...bike won't start so no idea what mech/elect probs exist %$#@!

Do you guys think this will cost more than $5k? KBB=$9,020. NADA=$9,305

You know you can add me to the list Sharky. I'll help you any way I can.
thumb_up.gif

got it, thanks bro...I already submitted the list of witnesses to the adjuster but I'll keep you in reserve in case she wants to talk to more people. Hopefully this guy steps up and accepts responsibility but you know how insurance people are, they want to save as much money as possible.

I'll keep everyone updated as I get new information...

deadhorse.gif

Does anyone know the cost of a full set of fairings, prepped and painted to stock black?

Here's a list of damaged items:

All fairings
All inners
Windshield
Mirrors
Fairing spikes
stator
exhaust
pegs, brake and shifter
grips and levers
grab bar
kickstand
license bracket
handbars and controls
instrument cluster
frankenstein bolts, spools, etc...
...bike won't start so no idea what mech/elect probs exist %$#@!

Do you guys think this will cost more than $5k?  KBB=$9,020.  NADA=$9,305
Sharky this is Adam from what I saw in damage I do think you are looking at aleast $5k in damage. I can put some figures in the estimate program at Woods if you want just based on what I saw of the damage. Then I can email you what I come up with. Also Kristin or I will email you the Pic's we have of the accident scene tomorrow from work like I sad as well we both are willing to make statements for you.

insurance adjuster came out this morning and reviewed the bike. he said he would turn in the numbers and photos of the bike to the claim manager but the bike will probably need to go to a shop to access any engine damage. She will not go into neutral and not start at all. He said there's a 70% chance it will be a loss, thats just based on exterior damage.

Adam, does Woods handle insurance repairs?

I'm still pissed off but nothing I can do. I should get compensated for all the parts I put on her, otherwise I will have some things for sale as long as I get stock parts in return.

If it is a loss, I will not get another busa until we move to OK in November, and then I will get the 09 busa.

Thanks again to everyone that helped out...

Sorry to hear that your still waiting on the ins. co. But it sounds like their at least getting things taken care of. Best news is that you're OK!
thumb_up.gif

Sorry to hear that your still waiting on the ins. co.  But it sounds like their at least getting things taken care of.  Best news is that you're OK!  
thumb_up.gif
Exactly.

At least they're going to take care of it. I know you were a little concerned about that. Have you asked about buying it back under a salvage title? Maybe you could part it out.

Back