Sharky down...

Sorry to hear that your still waiting on the ins. co.  But it sounds like their at least getting things taken care of.  Best news is that you're OK!  
thumb_up.gif
Exactly.

At least they're going to take care of it.  I know you were a little concerned about that.  Have you asked about buying it back under a salvage title?  Maybe you could part it out.
depends on the price...once I get word on how much I'll let everyone know.

There's no guarentee his insurance is going to pay for anything yet. The adjuster said I should hear something back next week, its either take it to a shop to checkout the mech/elect stuff or surrender the bike and get paid.

If so...I have a few things I will part out but will need stock:

Tobin Seat w/ pad...perfect condition
Roadlok, need calipher hanger
Yosh RS3 cans, minor scratches, already have stock
polished rearsets and hangers w/ buell pegs
tank bra
custom levers, just minor scratches

Sharky

Damn Sharky, sorry this is not looking good.  If you need a trailer to move the bike, let me know.

adjuster just called, said they got all the facts and the Property Damage rep is supposed to call me to discuss numbers...hopefully will have some good news soon.

adjuster just called, said they got all the facts and the Property Damage rep is supposed to call me to discuss numbers...hopefully will have some good news soon.

Good luck with your total loss. If they're talking numbers then they must have accepted liability. Sounds like it might be best to let it go. Just make sure you show receipts for additions/mods and take the option of replacing with stock anything you don't feel you're getting a reasonalble value for if the mod part is still good. Hope you're feeling better soon.

just got the medical bill: $21,692.43 excluding the ambulance ride. His insurance is going to be pissed when I sent it to them...hehe.

that's what ins is for... besides...they have no problem taking $$$, what's the big deal about handing some back?
cool.gif
how're ya healing up? hopefully good

that's what ins is for... besides...they have no problem taking $$$, what's the big deal about handing some back?
cool.gif
 how're ya healing up? hopefully good
I'm fine thanks...just still pissed off. They are going to pay off the bike, but not sure how much I will get for P&S. How much do you guys think I should ask for?

I got three other bikes in my garage, I'm seriously considering the B-King...eventually. But I will sell my victory 1500 if I get one...

that's the beauty of p&s... no fixed rate, just what it's worth to you(decided between you & a lawyer) just think, a crotch full of hot coffee is worth a few mill
cool.gif

ok...its final, the bike is a loss. I accepted a final offer of $12,500 for her, including all aftermarket stuff, TTL, etc. So I can't take anything off and trade, they picked the bike up from a shop today and is on her way to Dallas to be sold I guess. Bike will be paid off and give me about $3k to pay with.

Medical bills equaled over $24k, his insurance will pay $20k, and I filed under my own insurance to get the rest paid, offered $10k for p&s and I will take it. I cited that I lost my affiliation with you guys since I no longer has a busa, and it really broke my heart...lol.

Thanks for everyone who helped me out. I'm in the process of figuring out a way to repay you all.

Sharky

Wow sharky... dont know what to say! You are going to buy again right? 09's are right around the corner!!

better late than never... glad you made it... I know exactly what you went through man... never wish it on anyone... mine was hard... thank god i was almost fully geared!

Man, sorry to hear they totaled it out. Someone will get a nice salvage out of it. Glad to hear your doing better and can see about putting this behind you now. I think you should look for an '09 Busa but no matter what you get, I'm looking forward to getting together for another ride.

Back