First Down.

Getn off

Registered
just wanted to share what happened to me yesterday.
A local Suzuki dealer (Sky Powersports in Longwood) sponsored a Toys for Tots ride. About 30 showed up, all kinds. It was actually a very low key ride without the usual A hole antics!
Leaving a stop light on a 50 mph hwy, upon reaching about 40 one of the bikes 2 ahead of me (all in the right hand lane, I was in the left side of the pack) starts to slow. Looked as though he lost power. The Busa in front of me slows, as well as me. Wasn't even close to a panic stop at all. In fact, I just flashed my brake lights for the guy in the giant Victory Vision behind me to let him know we are slowing. I start to go right around the slower traffic as the Vic hits me from behind! I lost control and tried to keep from hitting my buddy in front of me. I just knicked his rear tire with my front...he didn't go down luckily. I was still aiming for the side and by the time I was over, I was pinned under my bike's exhaust. I couldn't budge the 850#s obviously. I turned the bike off and my buddys pulled her up enough for me to get out.
A car somehow got between the bikes at the light and was taking pics of the group while driving and rear ended a Honda Shadow, which whipped into the Vic, into me.
The pillion on the Honda went to the hospital, but pretty sure it wasn't too serious. The guy on the Vic had tons of rash. He was in tennis shoes, jeans and short sleave without gloves....typical Florida riding gear on cruisers btw. I luckily had on all my kelvar...boots, pants, jacket, full face, and gloves. I think the boots saved my rt ankle for sure, and no burn! I did break my rt pinkie finger and my rt knee is sore today after being pinned under her. I got lucky really. Even the bike did ok. Loosened a few things up, but already fixed them. A couple scratches here and there, but not to bad. But my rear plate bracket is jacked. I am going to go with a side mount next with led blinkers, so it is not a total loss.
Was riding my M109R.
Police wrote up a report, but are still hunting down the car. Oh. He took off! A couple guys had him on video though. No at fault as of yet.
Never been down on a street bike. Probably hundreds of times on dirt bikes!
Should I tell my insurance company? Don't want my rates to go up, and it really isnt much cash to fix. And I will heal fine.
The irony is I rarely gear up that much on that bike. Low and slow. Was a cold morning, so decided to do it this time. Glad I did.
Troy

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

First, glad you're OK, that's most important!

Second, sorry to hear the driver in the car is MIA, but isn't that pretty common nowadays? It's sad, but true...

Third, if the damage is minimal and you can cover the cost of fixing her, I'd skip the insurance woes. The risk to your rates or being marked for an increase in rates (or dropped) should something else happen is pretty high. It's a shame that that's the world we live in with insurance, pay, pay, pay and then try not to use it, but that's my opinion and we've lived it ourselves.

Troy,
I think if it was me i would fix her without insurance involvement. I am glad you are good! I am also glad you weren't on the busa as you would not have fared so well in the damage department.

Very very true! I almost rode the Bus, but at the last second swiched. The Vic actually rode up my back a bit. Could have been fairly ugly.
Just ordered a side mount plate holder and looking at led turn signals next. So I am going to be out maybe $500. Sore body parts, but should heel ok. Think I will bypass the insurance road. I already pay too much ($5000/year!)....don't ask. Lots of toys, and a 17 year old!
Thanks for the support.
Troy

Didn't know there was a sky powersport dealer in long wood. I bought my Last gsxr and then my busa from their Lakeland store. Anyways........ glad to see you came out ok and that it wasn't worse. Oh, and I would also avoid an insurance claim for such little damage.

Didn't know there was a sky powersport dealer in long wood. I bought my Last gsxr and then my busa from their Lakeland store. Anyways........ glad to see you came out ok and that it wasn't worse. Oh, and I would also avoid an insurance claim for such little damage.
You pay high insurance premiums ?

When I bought my 9 there in '13 it was called Longwood Powersports. Good people there. Bought my Busa at Deland Suzi, also very good peeps.
Insurance wise, I really shouldn't complain. Buddy of mine that lives outside of Miami was bragging how rasonable his insurance was at $2000. I couldn't believe him. He has a 17 year old, 911 cab, vw gti, bmw 535 vert, cbr 1000, and a brand new GTR ( hell, no car he has is more than 4!). I think he still has his C63 AMG too. Finally after much debate I realized he meant 2000... A month! Lol! Dade county, a superbike, couple supercars, and a teenager will do that to you I guess!
Troy

4K a year for full coverage on 2 motorcycles and 3 other vehicles, with a 500 deductible.
Damn that's steep ! I pay on this company I'm with approximately $750 a year full cover with an excess of $300 . the excess is what only pay if claim is more than than that and fault is mine. the firm also endeavor to not blame me if fault is genuinely not mine

Damn that's steep ! I pay on this company I'm with approximately $750 a year full cover with an excess of $300 . the excess is what only pay if claim is more than than that and fault is mine. the firm also endeavor to not blame me if fault is genuinely not mine
Further to that ,ION who are my insurance provider gave me a subsidy for the crash knobs I have on. I switch providers 2 years ago from Protecta because I was getting stung for over $120 a month and basically didn't back me on a claim I made. over here full 3rd party insurance is nessisary as there is no gaurentee that the car driver is insured, up here in Auckland at least 1/3rd aren't

Sounds a lot like florida! Lots of un or underissured drivers on the roads here.
That is one of the mail reasons it is so high in this state.
Troy

Back