Sharky down...

razorshark

Registered
ok...its me, sore, on the couch now and will be probably here for awhile, just spent 5 hours in the hospital.

Here's what happened: DFW Busa Meet, 8 JUN 08, sunny, hot, windy, had lunch and ready for the road, almost done with the ride, then...

I stopped on a bridge to wait for several riders that were further behind and then join the pack at the rear. The road we were on wasn't very smooth and I didn't feel as confident through the twisties as earlier in the day so I eased off a bit, only a few seconds from the rider in front of me. Coming into a left turn, there was a truck coming from the road on the right. I watched him wait for the others, and then he pulled out in front of me. I had two choices: t-bone him dead on and possibly hurt his children in the truck, or attempt a hard stop and probably ditch the bike. I was only going maybe 40mph tops and had no reaction time, hit the break and thought I could control the skid until the bike went sideways. I was thrown off and hit the street hard on my right side, bouced and ended up in the drainage ditch, where the soft grass cushioned the impact. My bike flipped over and stayed on the road.

Things went a bit fuzzy for awhile. My wife and Mrs Dan were in the car behind me and saw everything. The guy in the truck helped me out eventually and admitted full responsibility, good guy. He understood that if I hit him it would have been alot worse. The other riders came back and helped out alot. The ambulance, fire truck and cops showed too. I was loaded up and taken to the hospital and they xrayed everything and I had a few cat scans. Nothing is broken, but I'm going to be really soar for awhile. My right knee looks like a graperfruit. I'll be ok...don't really remember how the bike looks. If I had held onto the bike, I would have flipped with it and landed with it on top of me. My wife, luckly, brought her car to the meet and drove me back home 3 hours away.

I would like to personnaly thank everyone who helped me out. You guys and gals are truely good people that I am proud to be assocaited with. Thanks Dan and Mrs Dan for aiding my wife and me at the hospital. Thanks Jerry for transporting my bike, please let me know how I can get it back, lol. Thanks Rod for securing my pistol. Sorry if missed anyone for something they did to help out.

Other than that, I had fun today. The doc prescribed me valume and oxycodone for awhile, so I'm not supposed to drive or do any labor, especially since I'm limping like a gimp. I will probably feel the worse of it in the morning so I wanted to write this tonight while its fresh in my head. I hope this guy's insurance pays for everything. I loved that bike, put alot of time, money and effort...pisses me off to know she's all busted up. I may be exaggerating because I don't really know what's wrong yet.

My wife has pictures too. I know several of you have photos, can you please send them to me: darekmalone@hotmail.com. If you need to call me: 254-640-2800. Thanks again everyone...I'll post updates when available.

Sharky (busted up but no broken)

Well I am very glad to hear you are on the mend!! If there's anything we can do please ask.

It's fantastic that you are able to post up. Could've been worse. Glad you're alright. Heal up bro.
beerchug.gif

And Darek, you know the routine, post up if you need somethin.
beerchug.gif

I'm glad you all got home safely. And I'm especially glad that it wasn't worse than it was.

Decisions get made pretty quickly when out their ridin'. Let us know what you need and how we can help.

Glad y'all made it home safely last night. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Sorry to hear but it sounds like you're handling it well. Kudos for that
beerchug.gif
. Heal up and life goes on....

I am just glad you are able to post up, could have been so much worse.

glad to hear you aren't all busted up...it's always good to have friends around that have your back when things like this happen
thumb_up.gif
let us know what we can do to help get you back up and running
beerchug.gif

Good to see you posting bro and glad nothing was broken. Big Props go out to Dan and Diana for Hanging with you guys
clap.gif
and Jerry for scooping up your baby with his nice azz Trailer
bowdown.gif
. I wished there was more that I could have done... For what it's worth, I probably have Crash sympathy Pains, Heal fast man and let me know if you need anything. Look forward to riding those Waco backroads with ya soon.
beerchug.gif

lone, don't know if I got a chance to thank you for staying with Diana while Jerry and I went after the trailer. I appreciate you staying with her while we were gone.
bowdown.gif

Oh Sharky, sorry to hear about the mishap! You never know when something like that can happen. I'm glad you had friends there to help out and your wife backing you up - literally!

Hope you heal up quickly.

I'm glad that you're home and able to post up! Take it easy, do what the Docs say. Get well soon, bro!

Back