Went down the other day.

Adox

Registered
Went around a corner too fast in an unfamiliar city, was checking my fuel gauge and hit an island in the middle of the road. Went over the handlebars, bike fell on top of me and dragged me for about 10-15 feet. (I've ridden her for so long, I thought I'd return the favor.) Some guys came out of a nearby house and pulled me out. Drove the bike home but without a shift lever, blinker housing and a bent front rim. Everything else is cosmetic damage. Went to the hospital and found out my wrist was broken and although my leg is covered in bruises and road rash, it was heavily tenderized but not broken. Tore up my jeans and leather jacket pretty good.

No insurance on the bike (not required in my state) and no insurance on me. (Can't afford it.) Don't know how I'm going to pay the medical bills when I see how high they are. Sure learned a good lesson, however, I feel like a hypocrite telling others "The seconed you stop respecting the bike, it stops respecting you." Swallowed my foot on that one.

I can't take my perscription at work or they'll send me home. (Can't be on narcotics and running the machines.) But I make it through the day on Ibuprofin. The cast comes off in three weeks, so that's not so bad. My co-worker asked me "Are you smarter than you were before the accident?"

Broken wrist.jpg

Damaged helmet.jpg

Leg 1.jpg

Leg 2.jpg

Leg 3.jpg

Based on the first sticker on the back of your helmet, I for one, am damn glad they made you wear the helmet!
Or this thread might have been of a much worse outcome.

Sorry to hear.. Lots of accidents up that way right now.. a lady went down and two weeks later her daughter went down by car pulling in front of her.... When you ready to ride us locals will get you some parts...Get Well

Based on the first sticker on the back of your helmet, I for one, am damn glad they made you wear the helmet!
Or this thread might have been of a much worse outcome.

As soon as I saw the helmet, I decided not to buy that sticker again. (My opinion has been changed.) This is the seconed time I've seen my life flash before my eyes. When I pay off the bills, I'll see what parts you have left GoldenChild. Fortunately, the bolts I bought from you were undamaged in the crash. :laugh:

It happens to most of us , don't feel hypocritical, your upright and walking, is a good reminder that you wont forget soon. Take time healing or it will come back and bite you later in life (trust me on this), get the bike back in shape as you can afford it and get back on two soon.

That leg looks like it has been tenderized! Glad you faired as well as you did......

those bolts still good cause my parts aren't the lay down without a fight kind of parts :rofl: Glad your okay man, if i can do anything to assist you just pm me.. heal up and take your time..

Remember this:

Life is Temporary, Death Is Forever... You got to see another day, a few of my close buddies here lately haven't..

As soon as I saw the helmet, I decided not to buy that sticker again. (My opinion has been changed.) This is the seconed time I've seen my life flash before my eyes. When I pay off the bills, I'll see what parts you have left GoldenChild. Fortunately, the bolts I bought from you were undamaged in the crash. :laugh:

That leg looks like it has been tenderized! Glad you faired as well as you did......

It is tenderized, but what my crappy phone camera doesn't pick up is: The part of the leg that isn't purple, is yellow.

Ouch, praying for your fast and full recovery.
Call the doctors and Hospital and explain you have no insurance and will have to pay out of pocket, most times they will reduce the amount owed. my wife works medical insurance related, she knows this works most of the time.

Ouch, praying for your fast and full recovery.
Call the doctors and Hospital and explain you have no insurance and will have to pay out of pocket, most times they will reduce the amount owed. my wife works medical insurance related, she knows this works most of the time.

I asked them when I walked in what they could do for me. They said there is a charity that I can apply to and when they send the application, I fill it out with how much I owe, if I'm working, how many people live in the house and how much they make, etc., etc. They may decide to do nothing for me, reduce or pay the whole thing.

I asked them when I walked in what they could do for me. They said there is a charity that I can apply to and when they send the application, I fill it out with how much I owe, if I'm working, how many people live in the house and how much they make, etc., etc. They may decide to do nothing for me, reduce or pay the whole thing.

That charity is a third party that may or may not help you. Either way the hospital itself should reduce what you owe as a "cash customer".

Glad your OK but good rule is don't check gas gauge when in a corner. Hopefully you can get everything back together

Yeah, I never did that before. Don't know why I thought that was a good idea at the time. I got my first bill today to the tune of $1,900. Not to mention what the 2nd bill will be (hosp. bill and Dr. bill are seperate) and the clinic they had me go to for the cast. (Don't know why they couldn't do that for me.) Going to call the billing dept. after work tomorrow and set up a payment plan. A guy at work who broke his ankle a couple months back said they'll take as little as $5 or $10 per month, as long as they get their money. I was hoping I could somehow pay it all off in the first 30 days and get the discount for "fast" payment.
Thanks to all the Orgsters for the sentiments!

Back