MYTHOS went down hard

Mythos

Registered
I’m coming up over a rise doing about 70 mph and up ahead I see a deer. Will she cross? Hell yeah, she crossed. I heard the sound of a loud thump and that’s all I remember. I woke up laying in the road near rye bike. One of my 8th grade students came to me. His father was there too. I got up feeling the scrapes on my knees and hands. I didn’t crap myself. The ZX-14 lay in the ditch, opposite side of the road I was traveling on and the bike was facing the opposite direction I was traveling. There was broken plastic all down the road and I saw right away the crankshaft cover was scraped clean through. An ambulance came very soon. I refused treatment. No broken bones. The cops arrived and they figure me and the bike slid abut 70 feet. The deer was found dead in the woods a short distance away. I’m in no shape to butcher a deer or I’d have taken it. It will be left for the forest scavengers, I’m sure.

Have fingertip skin gone on both hands, had light duty gloves. a couple bad gouges on my right knuckles. Both knees scraped the size of oranges. I had jeans on. No serious upper body or head injuries. I had a textile jacket now ripped up and a helmet. My ribs are quite sore below my pecs. I probably hit the handlebars. Right hand knuckles are swollen and juice is still coming out. I was very thirsty after the crash and still am but have not drank too much water. I don’t think I have a concussion. I’m feeling fatigued and for, mostly on the abrasions.

I guess I can’t show pics of me because it says “no gore.”

I will show pics of the bike. The tow guy brought it to my storage unit. Lots of aftermarket goodies I’ll salvage. will sell cheap if anyone is interested. I can’t find my title to the bike so I couldn’t hand it over to the tow guy.

I’m going to try to take a shower. and go to sleep soon.

still got the busa. will show pics of the 14 ASAP. my poor baby.

I’m coming up over a rise doing about 70 mph and up ahead I see a deer. Will she cross? Hell yeah, she crossed. I heard the sound of a loud thump and that’s all I remember. I woke up laying in the road near rye bike. One of my 8th grade students came to me. His father was there too. I got up feeling the scrapes on my knees and hands. I didn’t crap myself. The ZX-14 lay in the ditch, opposite side of the road I was traveling on and the bike was facing the opposite direction I was traveling. There was broken plastic all down the road and I saw right away the crankshaft cover was scraped clean through. An ambulance came very soon. I refused treatment. No broken bones. The cops arrived and they figure me and the bike slid abut 70 feet. The deer was found dead in the woods a short distance away. I’m in no shape to butcher a deer or I’d have taken it. It will be left for the forest scavengers, I’m sure.

Have fingertip skin gone on both hands, had light duty gloves. a couple bad gouges on my right knuckles. Both knees scraped the size of oranges. I had jeans on. No serious upper body or head injuries. I had a textile jacket now ripped up and a helmet. My ribs are quite sore below my pecs. I probably hit the handlebars. Right hand knuckles are swollen and juice is still coming out. I was very thirsty after the crash and still am but have not drank too much water. I don’t think I have a concussion. I’m feeling fatigued and for, mostly on the abrasions.

I guess I can’t show pics of me because it says “no gore.”

I will show pics of the bike. The tow guy brought it to my storage unit. Lots of aftermarket goodies I’ll salvage. will sell cheap if anyone is interested. I can’t find my title to the bike so I couldn’t hand it over to the tow guy.

I’m going to try to take a shower. and go to sleep soon.

still got the busa. will show pics of the 14 ASAP. my poor baby.
Sorry to hear you went down but glad you are relatively ok. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Thank goodness you’re ok .
And thank goodness the Busa is ok too lol.
In all my time riding out in the mountains of NZ I’ve never seen a live deer or a dead deer near or on the road and there’s plenty of them in the mountains too.
The deer here must be smarter than American deer and keep away from roads and highways.
I’ve had loose sheep run out in front of me and the odd cattle beast lumbering about on the roads, but never deer.
Glad to hear you’re ok, enjoy the Busa!

You're gonna hurt like hell in 2 days.
Oh poop! I was predicting I would be much better after two days. I laid down for a couple hours but zi didn't fall asleep which is pretty normal for me. I actually feel better already. That was one hell of a blow to the ribs I took. My skin is still oozing juice. I'm trying my best to not drip on my bed. Glad my back is all intact but the knees and hands are slowly leaking. The hand is swollen so I suppose that'swhere the juice is coming from. Knees are wet too. but better.
Daren please get looked at tomorrow bud .
If I'm worse, I sure will but I was up and around after I woke from the crash. I helped clean up the busted parts and load the bike on the flatbed. Cost me $360 and the guy would have taken the bike had I found the title. Glad I kept it. I may rebuild. It was such a beauty.

Pretty sure my fast days on the street are done though. Closed course for me if I keep riding.

The cop was going to give me a ticket for the 2016 registration tag but he drove away without handing it off. I was sure to peek over the flat bed and wave and smile.

BTW, by “juice” are you referring to blood?
No it's not pure blood. It's water I guess. Like sometimes you rip a scab off and it doesn't really bleed and you end up with a yellow crust that takes forever to dry instead of a deep red scab that coagulates right away. The smaller abrasions are drying up and scabbing but some of the more severe ones are wet. I have a swollen spot on my hand and I'm sure that's supplying a lot of water to the open wounds. It is getting better 8 hours after the wreck.

Hope you recover quickly and have learned the value of knee and shin armor.
Yeah. Time to accept if I'm too fat to fit my old leathers, I need a new set. I kind of wish I would have poured into those old leathers now. It's not too bad except my gut. Gloves too. I have great gloves. I could have avoided a lot of injuries with what I have.

My shoe did pop the laces. It stayed on but all the laces broke. I have boots too.

A bike is just metal and plastic that can be replaced,as long as your ok that's the main thing
Yes, maybe it's about time for me to focus on just one bike at a time anyway. I don't have money to mod two bikes. I always saw that beautiful ZX-14 hanging from the ceiling in my living room some day though. The busa too.

Gen 3 for Mythos
Maybe. We'll see! I'd be building on that a long time and I'm running out of time. The ZX-14 was worked on 12 years and I still never quite got done with it. Almost though. I had a fancy nitrous system planned and I believe that was the last thing. I almost feel like I should start that bike over since all the parts are still good. I think. Maybe a Gen1 ZX-14 with a Gen2 engine. I always dreamed of doing that.

Back