MYTHOS went down hard

No it's not pure blood. It's water I guess. Like sometimes you rip a scab off and it doesn't really bleed and you end up with a yellow crust that takes forever to dry instead of a deep red scab that coagulates right away. The smaller abrasions are drying up and scabbing but some of the more severe ones are wet. I have a swollen spot on my hand and I'm sure that's supplying a lot of water to the open wounds. It is getting better 8 hours after the wreck.
It's plasma. Normal reaction to this trauma. It helps the repair process. It's a good juice. Just sucks how you had to make it.

but I was up and around after I woke from the crash. I helped clean up the busted parts and load the bike on the flatbed.

That's generally what we refer to as Adrenalin and after shock. Get up, walk around and believe you're feeing great.
Then the bruises start to show, we feel tired and go lie down, the concussion and after effects re show up.
Please, if possible, (and tell me to piss off if you want) but I really wish you'd go get checked out.
Coming off at more than 60mph is no small spill. I care about my fellow riders and like to make sure we're all ok

It's plasma. Normal reaction to this trauma. It helps the repair process. It's a good juice. Just sucks how you had to make it.
OK so I'm making plasma. Not very high on the list of body fluids I'd like to make but if it helps me heal, I'm grateful for all the plasma.

Yeah how I have to make it sucks but taking a shower with wounds covered in plasma sucks a lot more! 8 minutes of pain and then I guess I got used to it.

That's generally what we refer to as Adrenalin and after shock. Get up, walk around and believe you're feeing great.
Then the bruises start to show, we feel tired and go lie down, the concussion and after effects re show up.
Please, if possible, (and tell me to piss off if you want) but I really wish you'd go get checked out.
Coming off at more than 60mph is no small spill. I care about my fellow riders and like to make sure we're all ok
I was thinking about the adrenaline but that should have worn off by now I'd think. No headache no signs of brain sloshing. I think I'm ok. If it weren't for the friggin $3000 deductible, maybe I'd go. If I go, I will pay the whole bill...and I believe I'm ok. Thanks though Ottafish.

The first thing I thought was I hope he was riding the 14! Sorry, couldn't resist that one.
:laugh:

Try a cooler shower and use shampoo instead of soap to cleanse the rash. When it's hot I wear something like these under my Levis. Impact protection is what I want more than anything and I never wear lace up shoes when riding.

Try a cooler shower and use shampoo instead of soap to cleanse the rash. When it's hot I wear something like these under my Levis. Impact protection is what I want more than anything and I never wear lace up shoes when riding.

That would have helped a great deal, no doubt. Lace up shoes not only can come off and often do in a crash, they can get caught on the gear shift lever or brake pedal. That's happened to me a couple times and it's a scare when you come to a stop.

That would have helped a great deal, no doubt. Lace up shoes not only can come off and often do in a crash, they can get caught on the gear shift lever or brake pedal. That's happened to me a couple times and it's a scare when you come to a stop.
When I was teaching rider training, a friend of mine went down and brought in his wrecked gear, I used it as a training aid to show my students what happens to gear in a slow speed crash (under 50mph). Their eyes would sure get big when I showed them how jeans shred when hitting the pavement.

He had a set of shorty gloves and a Joe Rocket armored ballistic jacket and a Shoei helmet...the visor was wore on one side so bad it actually wore through....the guys who loved their tiny, soup bowl helmets were rethinking that decision...

Good gear is king....it's like having insurance, you never think much about it until you need it.

One of the senior ladies we look after had a nephew hit a deer on his full dressed HD, wrecked the bike and broke 4 ribs puncturing his lung...and he used to be a motorcycle cop. He said the deer popped out of nowhere and he didn't even have time to do anything.

Now I get a lecture from her about being careful and watching for deer...

Wow, so sorry to hear, hope you recover physically and mentally from the experience. Sad about the bike also. Time heals.

Here in NC, right now there are Deer everywhere. Right now I only give it gas if I can see well ahead and that would be for a few seconds only. The risk is just too high. Wifey totaled her Merc a couple of months ago, hit a deer full on at 70mph.

Feel better soon really curious to see what the bike looks like after the crash and what all held up
I'm a lot better already today. Thanks all. I'm going to get pics of the bike now. I also found the crash site and looks like I was on the brake hard for 12 feet before impact. There's a light black mark, no lockup that I remember. Immediately after, there's a long white scrape and oil spray on the road. The bike went down right after I hit the deer. I was unconscious probably almost immediately. Dudes, I paced the trail off and me and the bike slid 225 feet! The bike rolled at least once becuase it has damage on both sides of the tank. It was laying crankshaft cover up and the cover was all ground down. LOL my frame slider broke off on one side like they told me. I rolled at least one time too. I was face up when I woke up. Injuries are on the front but I do have some rash on the sides of my knee and on one side and the side of the calf on the other. I most certainly rolled at least once. Thank god I'm not dead 225 FEET!

Been there, not as bad, tho...

+1

Really curious to see the ZX replacement. You're already shopping, right??
You'll see it soon. No, I'm not in any financial shape to buy a new bike now. The busa will do. I might not be riding bikes on the road here ever again. I had warning signs. Pressed my luck and rolled snake eyes eventually.

So what exactly qualifies as gore here? I have pics of bloody abrasions but no protruding bones or stuff on the inside visible from the outside. Should I post?

Can I post the deer? A bear or a wolf took a big chunk out of her RH hind quarter last night and it's gross but that's a deer and it was dead already. The grossest thing to me is the bike and I'll show that for sure.

So what exactly qualifies as gore here? I have pics of bloody abrasions but no protruding bones or stuff on the inside visible from the outside. Should I post?
YES
Can I post the deer? A bear or a wolf took a big chunk out of her RH hind quarter last night and it's gross but that's a deer and it was dead already.
YES
The grossest thing to me is the bike and I'll show that for sure.
You better
You know the rules: It ain't got that swing unless you show us that thing

I'm a lot better already today. Thanks all. I'm going to get pics of the bike now. I also found the crash site and looks like I was on the brake hard for 12 feet before impact. There's a light black mark, no lockup that I remember. Immediately after, there's a long white scrape and oil spray on the road. The bike went down right after I hit the deer. I was unconscious probably almost immediately. Dudes, I paced the trail off and me and the bike slid 225 feet! The bike rolled at least once becuase it has damage on both sides of the tank. It was laying crankshaft cover up and the cover was all ground down. LOL my frame slider broke off on one side like they told me. I rolled at least one time too. I was face up when I woke up. Injuries are on the front but I do have some rash on the sides of my knee and on one side and the side of the calf on the other. I most certainly rolled at least once. Thank god I'm not dead 225 FEET!

You'll see it soon. No, I'm not in any financial shape to buy a new bike now. The busa will do. I might not be riding bikes on the road here ever again. I had warning signs. Pressed my luck and rolled snake eyes eventually.

Can I post the deer? A bear or a wolf took a big chunk out of her RH hind quarter last night and it's gross but that's a deer and it was dead already. The grossest thing to me is the bike and I'll show that for sure.
Your accident is exactly what I fear when riding the back roads at a fast pace. Hell I had a few deer try to cross in front of me on the freeway a couple weeks ago and the guy I was riding with never even saw them and when I went to slow down he just kept his pace and passed me on the left. I know I've seen you post a few times about your ticket and why you won't speed on the highways no more but I would rather deal with the ticket then what your having to go thru. Hope you heal up well, just take it easy as I'm sure like someone else said it'll take a day or two before u feel the full effects of what happened. As far as what constitutes gore around here i wouldn't think pics of your road rash would get you in any trouble but I'm not the captain.

YES

YES

You better

You know the rules: It ain't got that swing unless you show us that thing
OK. Your not the Captain either but if I et in trouble, you're an accessory. Feel free to delete Cap. I'm posting. Blood but no human gore. It might serve as good example of what to avoid.

Glad to hear your alright,,,,,,,,,,tuff cookie.
I'm not the fastest or the strongest but I always survive. It's what I'm good at. My name is really suposed to be Methos not Mythos. My spelling is more Greek which I always assumed was what he was since he's the oldest living immortal---because he survives! I set the link to start at the speech at 22:10. Couldn't find the clip.

I know I've seen you post a few times about your ticket and why you won't speed on the highways no more but I would rather deal with the ticket then what your having to go thru.
Thanks, Dopey. I'd call them about even. Cops are going to get you eventually. Deer too but you have better odds of escaping deer. You usually will get some warnings like I have many times.

Pics forthcoming!

Last edited:
So here we have the slide path. Tire mark, scrape marks and oil spray then it's offroad. The bike and I stopped where I have my ice scaper laying (arrow). Those other tire marks were there already.
crash.slide.zx-14.jpg

Just to the left of my tire mark, ten, fifteen feet in the woods, the poor young doe. I don't remember the torn meat but the cop told me it looked pretty bad on one hind quarter. That must have been the hind quarter he was talking about, I doubt he lifted her up. Her back left lower leg is broke in half which makes sense for the direction she was running when I hit her. I think something must have stopped for a snack last night because the tail is laying behind her. I can't imagine she would go and die in the brush and her tail would fall off right there.
dead.dear.ZX-14.jpg

When the bike went off road, it dug into the undergrowth twice. Probably what flipped it at least one time because it had to have flipped. The ground down crankcase cover was facing up and it obviously was down when it scraped over the road. You see the ice scraoer up on the shoulder ~30 feet away.

digin1.zx-14.jpg

and dig-in #2. Ice scraper marks the end of the slide, not far ahead.
digin1.zx-2.jpg

The final resting place of my 2008 ZX- 14.
final.resting.place.zx-14.jpg

and immediately to the right, out on the road was where I came to rest. Fortunately it wasn't final. Could have been because I was knocked out and just rolled loose with it. IDK. The bike was down ass soon as I hit the deer so I might have got knocked out immediately. That's my blood on the road.
my.blood.zx-14.jpg

And here's the poor 14. I see no marks on the frame at all. Might be salvageable. I always dreamed of putting the Gen2 engine in it with Nitrous. But now that the tank is squashed and all the fairings are wrecked,it's gonna spensive...or it would. IDK if I'll do it. Forks look good. No leaks I see. Ohlins rear shock is still mint. RH rearset is ground down but serviceable. Quickshifter looks ok. Dynojet stuff looks ok. Steering damper looks ok. Wheels look ok. I think the radiator is even ok.
crashed.zx-14.1.jpg

crashed.zx-14.2.jpg

crashed.zx-14.3.jpg

Even that Tsukigi Cannon looks ok. Can you believe that? Dragged on the muffler and not bent. You see the crankcase cover though. Opened wide up. Don't know how long it ran with open engine gathering gravel. Probably not at all. It took a second for that cover to grind through. The bike would have shut down. ...not that I'd probably keep the engine anyway. Gen2 engine!

Gore is forthcoming in a few minutes.

Back