Went down hard this morning

Stilslo

Registered
Low sided on a curve at about 40-45 mph. The rear washed right out. I'm a little stumbled about how it happened. I walked the curve, not a lot of debris in the road. Leather pants, textile/mesh jacket, boots, and helmet of course kept me intact. Jacket shredded up pretty bad, but no road rash.

image-1577474028.jpg

image-4215370481.jpg

image-3508601461.jpg

It's Florida, so there is sand at almost every country back road. It wasn't that bad on that particular corner though. Dunno

sorry to hear this but glad you walked away from it :beerchug:

Were you on the rear brake?

Sorry to hear about :(

Wasn't on front or rear brakes. Butt was off the seat, leaning pretty hard into the turn. It's an empty road behind a local airport I found. Corners are slim pickens around here lol

I noticed no clutch lever. Reminder to self......put that small vise-grip in the hump. Glad you came through it ok.....

I noticed no clutch lever. Reminder to self......put that small vise-grip in the hump. Glad you came through it ok.....

That's funny because I was sitting there for an hour wondering how I was getting home. I managed to use the allen wrench in the tool kit by shoving the end in the hole left by the broken clutch. Found a Walmart and I'm walking out now with the vice grips I just bought. They will be a fixture in my tool bag lol. Now to get this heap home.

Crashes are usually not the result of a single mistake but a combination of mistakes. Bikes don't crash, Riders crash.

Did you loose the front or the rear?

It appears you have touring tires, eh?

Crashes are usually not the result of a single mistake but a combination of mistakes. Bikes don't crash, Riders crash.

Did you loose the front or the rear?

It appears you have touring tires, eh?

Lost the rear. I just switched from S20's to PR2's.

Lost the rear. I just switched from S20's to PR2's.

Switching from a performance tire to a touring tire was your first mistake if you intend to corner agressively.

Air pressure, outside air temperature, temperature of the tire when traction was lost, gear selection, throttle application, body position, line choice, suspension settings, modifications, may all have played a part in your getoff.

Since the rear tire's contact patch is almost twice the size of the front, I suspect throttle application was the deciding factor that drove the final nail in the coffin.

I dont see that much damage for a 40 MPH low side. That speed should have ground holes in the plastics and probably the stator cover as well. It looks like you wee maybe doing half of that!

I dont see that much damage for a 40 MPH low side. That speed should have ground holes in the plastics and probably the stator cover as well. It looks like you wee maybe doing half of that!

Yeah, around 40. Stator cover ground down and leaking

Back