Quick Question before I commit.

V8N3T

More mods plz..
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so Ive heard the finished product and its simply breath taking. I love the sound of the cutoff mids. I have a scheduled appointment tomorrow with lee's cycles to have them cut my mids for me. They are only charging 60bucks (1hour). They are gonna do a nice job without butchering the tips up. My question is this, without the PC3....how much backfire am I looking at? A lot? Or just enough to annoy people along with the sound? Just wondering.

I will be investing in a PC3 at some point to get rid of the excess backfire if there is some.

ALOT!!!!!! May want to invest in one!!
lurk.gif

do the marble mod and no backfire. i have done that mod it works.

(V8N3T @ Dec. 04 2006,15:50) Ok, so Ive heard the finished product and its simply breath taking. I love the sound of the cutoff mids. I have a scheduled appointment tomorrow with lee's cycles to have them cut my mids for me. They are only charging 60bucks (1hour). They are gonna do a nice job without butchering the tips up. My question is this, without the PC3....how much backfire am I looking at? A lot? Or just enough to annoy people along with the sound? Just wondering.

I will be investing in a PC3 at some point to get rid of the excess backfire if there is some.
Before I put my PC on the bike I had some backfiring, mainly when I had been riding for a few hours and everything was pretty warmed up..

You wont get any backfiring on excelration, about the only time you will get it is if you down shift to where the RPMS are above about 4k, then it might backfire a little.

Speaking strictly from my experiance anyway.

I still recomend getting a PC for the bike as soon as you can..

Ok, well I just spoke with the guy who painted my bike. Were gonna cut my mids on Friday, and save the $60.00 bucks. Also while im there were gonna install my +1 dog bones and adjust my rear suspension.
beerchug.gif

(V8N3T @ Dec. 04 2006,18:50) Ok, so Ive heard the finished product and its simply breath taking. I love the sound of the cutoff mids. I have a scheduled appointment tomorrow with lee's cycles to have them cut my mids for me. They are only charging 60bucks (1hour). They are gonna do a nice job without butchering the tips up. My question is this, without the PC3....how much backfire am I looking at? A lot? Or just enough to annoy people along with the sound? Just wondering.

Ask Chris (Warputer). He runs cut mids
beerchug.gif

AaronG ran cut mids for awhile (loud) I don't think he experience any backfiring but you could Pm him and he could tell you for sure

Edit: or maybe so...

When I was cutting mine I also removed the pair (and did the air box mod).

I had no backfiring, she ran like a dream, and she roared like a lion.

The bike is currently in the shop to get some work done and a PCR III installed.

(V8N3T @ Dec. 04 2006,18:29) Ok, well I just spoke with the guy who painted my bike. Were gonna cut my mids on Friday, and save the $60.00 bucks. Also while im there were gonna install my +1 dog bones and adjust my rear suspension.  
beerchug.gif
V8N3T

Is your buddy a mechanic or work at a shop? I'm looking for someone I can trust in DAGO. I also go to Lee's but they are rather expensive as you know. I'm looking to do the simple stuff (air box mod, lowering links, etc..) but niether have the time nor the expertise to do so. Thanks.

Your mid range will pick up but your top end is going to suffer...just FYI.

(PUNN1025 @ Dec. 05 2006,09:58) anybody got pics I want to see what you guys are talking about
here were mine i just shipped them to KanjiBusa
beerchug.gif

DSCF1489.JPG

(busabiker69 @ Dec. 05 2006,12:30)
(V8N3T @ Dec. 04 2006,18
super.gif
) Ok, well I just spoke with the guy who painted my bike. Were gonna cut my mids on Friday, and save the $60.00 bucks. Also while im there were gonna install my +1 dog bones and adjust my rear suspension.  
beerchug.gif
V8N3T

Is your buddy a mechanic or work at a shop?  I'm looking for someone I can trust in DAGO.  I also go to Lee's but they are rather expensive as you know.  I'm looking to do the simple stuff (air box mod, lowering links, etc..) but niether have the time nor the expertise to do so. Thanks.
Well hes a friend of mine that works behind our command. Hes a really good mech. And yes I trust his work, also Lee's cycles i a bit pricey and they are kinda stuck up. Also I think they are kinda shady. But all those things you listed you can do yourself. Just need a jack to swap out the Dogbones for your adjustables or lowering / raising links. The airbox is easier than you think, and its right there under your tank.

(thrasherfox @ Dec. 04 2006,16:flamethrowing:)
(V8N3T @ Dec. 04 2006,15:50) Ok, so Ive heard the finished product and its simply breath taking. I love the sound of the cutoff mids. I have a scheduled appointment tomorrow with lee's cycles to have them cut my mids for me. They are only charging 60bucks (1hour). They are gonna do a nice job without butchering the tips up. My question is this, without the PC3....how much backfire am I looking at? A lot? Or just enough to annoy people along with the sound? Just wondering.

Before I put my PC on the bike I had some backfiring, mainly when I had been riding for a few hours and everything was pretty warmed up..

You wont get any backfiring on excelration, about the only time you will get it is if you down shift to where the RPMS are above about 4k, then it might backfire a little.

Speaking strictly from my experiance anyway.

I still recomend getting a PC for the bike as soon as you can..
+1 to Ron, he's been running cut-off mids for a while now
wink.gif

LOL must be crazy....LOUD! HAHA. I guess you could just unbolt the exhaust at the V band and get a geat feel for how loud it will be. If you want you could get a V band end and weld it onto a short peice of pipe and have the same thing + your stock exhaust.

Back