help me please, hope this is the right forum

hyafya

Registered
I'm new to forum, and I hope I posted this to the right section. I want but more need new exhaust tips, preferably short slip ons. I'm looking for a loud but more importantly bass sounding exhaust without having to add mid pipes. I know this is an opinionated question, so that's what I'm asking for, your opinions. Again if I have to add mid pipes, I will, but I like the shorty look. I'm not looking to break the bank, but you pay for what you get. And I will pay for quality. I just want thay deep loud sexy sound. It's a stock 07 busa besides the stretch. Also thinking bout murdering it out(blacking everything), but I don't wanna lose my custom tank, but other side is severely scratched up and can find anyone to match the custom flames on rest of bike. So taking opinions on that as well. Thanks in advance. I am willing to learn from all. Will try upload pics

There is a thin line in between genius and insanity, let's walk it together

:welcome: to the org. Finding a loud exhaust tip is not a problem. Coffman seems to be the favorite among other members right now. I have no experience with them so maybe someone that does will chime in. As far as the look of your bike that's all on you. I have mine blacked out but that's just me. The next guy will say go all white, and so on.

Here's what she looks like now. This is the summer for all my cosmetic upgrades or repairs. Skin and exhaust first

20141209_104352.jpg

Like I said, I know it's opinion based, so that's all I expect... opinions but hope to get professional help along the way. I've been reading this forum as a guest... love the input and banter...

I have the voo doo tips.

I only use them if I want to be loud. The problem is they are so loud I need earplugs in just to ride across town.

I didn't block off the pair valve and it allowed it had a deceleration pop. Also the would shoot blue flames, nice for a night display.

I 100% recommend Akrapovic. I dont like a high pitched whine on an exhaust and Akrapovic doesnt sound that way at all. At idle it has a low grumble then when you hit the power band it sounds like a formula one car not a pissed off bee. The look of them on a Busa is great to.

:welcome: I have a turbo with the full exhaust and have been looking at different exhaust options.
At first I wanted to go dumps but they are loud and a dead giveaway for turbo. I seen the brocks megaphone ct but isn't sold as a slip on. I have read great things about the build quality and exhaust note of the coffmans. If I can t get my hands on the ct I'm thinking about going with the coffmans. Good luck on your search.

Right now, I'm debating the Coffmans and the rls exhaust tips... having hard time finding akrapovic info. Dumps???

:welcome: I have a turbo with the full exhaust and have been looking at different exhaust options.
At first I wanted to go dumps but they are loud and a dead giveaway for turbo. I seen the brocks megaphone ct but isn't sold as a slip on. I have read great things about the build quality and exhaust note of the coffmans. If I can t get my hands on the ct I'm thinking about going with the coffmans. Good luck on your search.
I am considering going a different route myself not because the dumps are a dead give away but because I get tired of smelling like exhaust fumes every time I take my bike out.

I think if the exhaust is made right with smooth bends ur hardly gonna lose any HP or TQ. at least not at any level ur gonna be using on the street. anything over 400 hp on the street is quite a handful even for the seasoned rider. I wud just bring it to a fabricator and let him design it with the bike there. it will come out far better and cleaner that way.

the big air filter hanging off the left side of the bike is a dead give away anyways but I guess if looking from the right and there was no dump it cud fool someone into thinking u have an all motor or n20 bike.

Right now, I'm debating the Coffmans and the rls exhaust tips... having hard time finding akrapovic info. Dumps???

Dump pipes from the turbo and wastegate. No muffler in the exhaust system, just two pipes (or one) comming out the side of the bike.

I am considering going a different route myself not because the dumps are a dead give away but because I get tired of smelling like exhaust fumes every time I take my bike out.

I think if the exhaust is made right with smooth bends ur hardly gonna lose any HP or TQ. at least not at any level ur gonna be using on the street. anything over 400 hp on the street is quite a handful even for the seasoned rider. I wud just bring it to a fabricator and let him design it with the bike there. it will come out far better and cleaner that way.

the big air filter hanging off the left side of the bike is a dead give away anyways but I guess if looking from the right and there was no dump it cud fool someone into thinking u have an all motor or n20 bike.

I don't have the air filter hanging out the side, it's tucked under the fairings also....

Back