New B with a ??? - PC3 or Teka Box

Ross1

Registered
I am new to the website and recently bought a Busa 03 Orange and just installed the HMF dual high mounts (slip-on). I love the sound at 8grand. My question is in tuning, everyone has the PC3 but I came across the "Teka box" that can adjust your stock ECM without the use of a PC or PC3 and tune on the fly. Some guys on the TLzone site states that it is for suzuki bikes. If your haven't heard of this box Google "Teka box"

Thanks for your input

I think you could tune better with the PC , of course just my 2 cents!
thumb_up.gif

Welcome aboard. I think I'd go with the PC personally, just because so many tuners are going to be more familiar with it.

Not sure about your question, but welcome to the oRg. Be patient, someone with some know how will chime in. Got any pics?
beerchug.gif

Question for you fella's who think the PC is better than the Teka box.

Exactly what makes the PC a better unit. Give us some details on why you think you can tune your busa's aftermarket exhaust better with a PC over the Teka Box. Now remember, when you are justifying your remarks, the question was the best unit for tuning the ECU for aftermarket cans!

I say SCREW 'EM BOTH!! Get the new Bazzaz. FI tuning, quickshifter and rate of change traction control all in one. Many roadracers are starting to head that route. They're tossing their "obsolete" PCIII's for Bazzaz units.

I am new to the website and recently bought a Busa 03 Orange and just installed the HMF dual high mounts (slip-on). I love the sound at 8grand. My question is in tuning, everyone has the PC3 but I came across the "Teka box" that can adjust your stock ECM without the use of a PC or PC3 and tune on the fly. Some guys on the TLzone site states that it is for suzuki bikes. If your haven't heard of this box Google "Teka box"

Thanks for your input
I'm on TLZone and TLPlanet as well. I've heard of the Teka Box as well as the Yosh Box. The Yosh box let me tune my TLR ECU to +5low, +10Mid, and +5 high. It made my TL1000R pull like a freight-train!!! I was running a PCII but the maps keep dumping forcing the bike to shut off while riding so ditched the PCII. I'm wondering myself if a Yosh or Teka Box will work...

As i said before, familiarity is the reason I'd go with the PCIII over any other unit. generally speaking, you're going to have to have some custom tuning done on your bike with ANY aftermarket parts you install. The maps PC provides are baseline only, and are meant to be a starting point.

Most tuners are going to be familiar with how to work with the PCII and PCIII, but not necessarily so much with the other units out there. That alone makes it worth it to me.

As i said before, familiarity is the reason I'd go with the PCIII over any other unit.  generally speaking, you're going to have to have some custom tuning done on your bike with ANY aftermarket parts you install. The maps PC provides are baseline only, and are meant to be a starting point.  

Most tuners are going to be familiar with how to work with the PCII and PCIII, but not necessarily so much with the other units out there.  That alone makes it worth it to me.
I understand totally what you're saying. Familiarity. To me, if I could use a Yosh Box on my Busa I would. It just a preference. Just like a PCIII, you have different tuning spots for what ever mods you have on the bike. My opinion but I'm the little man on the totem pole here. Twins are different from Inlines...

What? No one has any info to share as to why they reccomend the PC unit over all others? Well, we did get one response who says his choice would be based on tuners being more familiar with the PC.

Anyone else want to give it a shot?

Can anyone other than a professional tunner tell us what the PC actually does?

Or better yet, tell us the actual difference between a PC and a Teka box?

Question for you fella's who think the PC is better than the Teka box.

Exactly what makes the PC a better unit. Give us some details on why you think you can tune your busa's aftermarket exhaust better with a PC over the Teka Box. Now remember, when you are justifying your remarks, the question was the best unit for tuning the ECU for aftermarket cans!
Let me start off by saying I talked to the spokesperson for Teka at the Indy Trade Show last year and he sat there and told me that tuning a bike by going out and riding it and then adjusting it till you like how it rides was a good idea. Note he said it was a good idea even though there would be no way of telling what air/fuel ratios your bike is running at.
ices_rofl.gif

The text in quotes are from Teka SFI's website.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
4 individual IDLE mixture settings:
In realtime, you are able to adjust each individual cylinder's idle richer or leaner, AS the bike is running!
You can: Rough adjust with the "All Cyls", then fine tune with the Cyl1, Cyl2, Cyl3 or Cyl4 selection.
Makes it super easy to adjust idle mixture - allows you to eliminate the hunting, loping idle caused by improper idle mixture settings. Much better than a power commander or fuel nanny, which can't adjust individual idle - still rough idle possible and likely.[/quote]

Why can't you do that with the power commander? I've done it with every power commander I've tuned.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Teka has 5 discrete throttle position RUN settings:
You can adjust and programs fuel delivery in 5 different ranges -
1. up to 10% throttle - to help tune out that annoying off-idle hiccup.
2. 11% to 25% throttle
3. 26% to 50% throttle
4. 51% to 75% throttle
5. 76% to 100% throttle
All adjustable with the engine running![/quote]

That isn't very many options compared to the power commander, not to mention there is no mention of fine tuning these throttle percentages at individual rpms.

Power commander can be tuned at 2%, 5%, 10%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, and 100% and can be tuned at 250 rpm increments.

Widest tuning range:
Teka FI has a super wide range of adjustment of any FI Adjusting tool. We list it as +100 to - 100. That's usually enough to cause lean misfire and rich misfire in most every Suzuki![/quote]

Power Commanders have the same range of adjustments.

Ignition Scatter and other problems avoided:
Unlike the Power Commander 2, the Teka FI does not intercept and attempt to reproduce the ignition pulse causing power-robbing ignition timing scatter at high rpm. By not degrading the original ignition accuracy, Teka FI allows the Suzuki to produce the best top-end power possible as measured under load on the 4-Gas Low Inertia EC997 Eddy Current dyno.
Unlike the Power Commander 3 - the Teka is NOT confused by additional fuel pulses that some ECU's produce under quick acceleration, either. (That's the part of the reason that why PC3 users run into problems in attempting to tuning mixture at high rpm ranges at 10k+ rpms on some bikes).[/quote]

First off, I'm glad they can make mention of the PCII since it's basically obsolete. It'd be like still having a black and white tv.

Oh yeah, not to mention zero problems tuning fuel mixtures at high rpm ranges to date on any of the 100's of bikes tuned at our shop on PC3's.

Teka FI Adjuster can remain attached to the bike while testing:
Remains attached while road testing or dyno testing[/quote]

First off, who cares? I guess if you're willing to risk wrecking by trying to input information in your tuning device while riding then by all means go for it.

Not to mention, the PCIII is always on the bike.

Laptop NOT required:
Unlike the Power Commanders, no laptop is required to tune. This makes it easy to connect the Teka FI and ride the bike. Ride it - test it - select the "Run" area, pick the range required and hit the RH arrow to richen or the LH arrow to lean out the selected throttle range. Wasn't right? Select the range again and try again! (OK, I cheat. On the Low-Inertia EC997 dyno system, I hold the throttle position and adjust it on the EC997 for best engine smoothness (try that - DynoJet! You can't do that on a model whatever dj dyno - best defense? Don't buy a dj dyno!!).[/quote]

I guess the no laptop requirement is why the adjust ability of the teka is less than the power commander.

Why can't you do any of that on the dynojet? I can, so why couldn't anyone else with a dynojet? After all I'm not a genius by all means.

At the AMA Sears Point National, I tuned a 750 by riding it in first gear at 4k and "snapping" the throttle to 25% to adjust that range for best snap response - and then on to 50% throttle. When the bike stood straight up at each throttle position, it was right - and performed better on the track - coming off corners better at part throttle![/quote]

This guy must deserve a cookie. You can do this with ANY type of tuning software. No one cares.

Also, since the guy inputing stuff into the teka to tune your bike isn't going to let you take his tuning device with you when you leave and all it does is flash your ECU what happens when you want to change the tune? You're going to have to find someone else that has the unit to tune your device.

Basically all the Teka device is is just another way to tune a bike. They rely no dogging power commanders in order to sell their product. I thought propaganda was only used in wars to get people to fight in the military.

well, I think enough has been said about all of that...

also you can add even more crap than just the djbox (expandability). The Teka can't.

Back in 02-03 when they were figuring out the Teka it could have competed with the PCII but since all of the advanements that DJ has made over the years it really ends up being the smarter purchase.

Bazzaz was another one... great I dea, took waaay to long to come out and costs to much.

I'm not a fan of DJ at all, but I did recently by a PCIII to replace my yosh EMS box if that says anything.

Back