Small air box mod, yes or no

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Right now I have Muzzy Bolt-ons, a PCIIIUSB and a K&N (all came with the bike).  

Planned mods are HMF dual High mount, PAIR, Power Commander ignition module and dyno tune.

At what point, if any, would the small air box mod be beneficial.

Don

PS... What is that flapper in the bottom of the box for anyway?

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: "added a question"|1151496998 -->

bump.gif

Someone has to have some info or opinion on this.

Don

I have your exact combo on my 2000 Busa and I did do the small air box mod. No issues and she made a sae corrected 160 to the rear wheel.I think the tuner told me the mod was good for 2-3 h.p. I think the all out air box mod might be slightly more than that. I figured the time it took me to do the mod, I was happy and maintained a lot of streetability trhroughout the rpm range. Just my 2 cents.

I wont tell you my mods cuz they're in my sig-but I can tell you that doin that mod made my bike a sh**-load faster at 4grand- and you can feel the difference in the top three gears running hard if you're into that stuff. If you dont really rip it open, you'll never even know its done...bikes drives like stock if you shift 'round 3-4grand and never open the throttle full-lock. I liked it alot-for the whole two days i had it before I threw tha dayum thing at a stoplight.... bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
down.gif
down.gif
down.gif

down.gif

down.gif

Back