New B with a ??? - PC3 or Teka Box

Did you know, by piggy backing a PC to your ECU, it actually slows down the operational speed of your ECU? Just like adding a program to your computer that works within another program, slows the entire operation down.
Can you give an example of where that becomes a problem, and what the result was?

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Stage 1 turbo?

No..Stage 3 Velocity setups(We have the 2007 Superstreet championship bike ,plus the new one we just built) We hold the MPH and ET records for this class...7.91 ET and 191 MPH..;)[/quote]
They're tuned with only the Teka?[/quote]
I think you'll find most if not all big Horse Power bikes with Big Bore or Turbo Kits tuned with a PC!

lurk.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Stage 1 turbo?

No..Stage 3 Velocity setups(We have the 2007 Superstreet championship bike ,plus the new one we just built) We hold the MPH and ET records for this class...7.91 ET and 191 MPH..;)
They're tuned with only the Teka?[/quote]
I think you'll find most if not all big Horse Power bikes with Big Bore or Turbo Kits tuned with a PC![/quote]
The guys with the big HP turbo bikes use their pc or tekka or whatever they have just to tune the bike in "off boost" situations.all Big hp turbos run secondary injectors which are controlled by a piggyback setup(a secondary fuel controller) like a microtec,megasquirt or whatever.The guys with the big $$ run a motec or a magnet marelli stand alone.These have their own tuning software in addition to their primary software;PC3,tekka or whatever.Some of the bikes with big hp turbos dont even run a fuelcontroller at all for "off boost" situations.They will use the stand alone for everything.

Yeah, think FMU. Were not allowed to use Electronic boost controllers either per AMA Superstreet rulebook... we still make it work tho,lol.. 30 PSI Thru the lights..;) works for us.

Did you know, by piggy backing a PC to your ECU, it actually slows down the operational speed of your ECU? Just like adding a program to your computer that works within another program, slows the entire operation down. Of course you won't find that little tidbit on any Power Commander site.

The Teka Box does not piggy back your ECU thus does not reduce the operational speed.

+1 for the Teka Box.

Anyone who can add pro's or con's to either unit, please post up! Dialog among the troups can be entertaining as well as very informative!
You've been reading up on the teka website haven't you. I see you're buying into Teka's propaganda.

You do realize that the senario you just gave are two completely different things? The power commander interrupting and changing the signal that goes to the fuel injection is as fast as the normal signals and has nothing to do with running a program on a computer.

boxing.gif
 SO TELL US WHAT YU THINK OF THE TEKA
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
If you talk to people who are with teka they are always trying to talk down on power commanders and talk about how you can't do this and that with dyno jets and power commanders when in reality you can.
It seems like maybe flashing the ecu...if done right...would be more dependable than counting on an add on unit that could fail/have grounding issues ect. But then if something goes wrong while playing with your ecu, you're prolly out alot more money than a $265 pcIII. And unless you buy the teka...which I beleive costs more than a pcIII...you have to take your bike to a shop for every single adjustement. And pay of course
winkold.gif
And it seems like everybodies offering custom maps for pcIII's with their pipes anymore...makes the power commander much closer to plug and play. I've been running a pcIII for awhile now...been great so far
laugh.gif
I just hope it doesn't start dumping maps or having grounding issues like I've read about
wowold.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Did you know, by piggy backing a PC to your ECU, it actually slows down the operational speed of your ECU? Just like adding a program to your computer that works within another program, slows the entire operation down. Of course you won't find that little tidbit on any Power Commander site.

The Teka Box does not piggy back your ECU thus does not reduce the operational speed.

+1 for the Teka Box.

Anyone who can add pro's or con's to either unit, please post up! Dialog among the troups can be entertaining as well as very informative!

You've been reading up on the teka website haven't you. I see you're buying into Teka's propaganda.

You do realize that the senario you just gave are two completely different things? The power commander interrupting and changing the signal that goes to the fuel injection is as fast as the normal signals and has nothing to do with running a program on a computer.
No propaganda, we actually use the Teka Box to tune all our road race bikes and thus far they have performed flawlessly. Acutually, one of our comrads who happens to do his own tuning with a Teka Box owns every track record in the state. On a Suzuki no less.

I would think a man of your knowledge would never question the fact that running any program piggy backed on a computerized system would not slow the signal down?

Will you notice the decline when twisting the throttle, probably not but the fuel delivery to the injection system is indeed lagging behind the throttle!

I am indeed aware that my statement is two entirely different things. One piggy backs and the other doesn't!

sounds liike the taco but display is always on dash. leaving all the adjustments to the rider. probably not the best idea. simple adjustment DOESNT mean BEST adjustments. and IMHO if i have another display on my bike i want it to be boost controller
cool.gif

Back