New B with a ??? - PC3 or Teka Box

lurk.gif

wow I have seen alot of bad comments about the Teka. I won't get into a "this is better than that" since I do not have experience with the PC but for me the teka works great. I haven't had any problems with mine and it tunes my bike just fine.
Now I have not tried a custom mapped PCIII so I do not have apples to apples experience but the Teka unit does do what it says it will.

Now are there better choices?? hell yes there is better choices, but like alot of members have said here if you are new to the bike then you would be better off with the PCIII since there is such a huge following with them. Most tuners use them so as far as the support for the PC there is nothing better.

I am going to do a comparo after I get my bike fixed, first I will tune the bike on the dyno with the teka and see where I get then I will install a PCIII and see where I get with the PC to see the actual differences. I have at my disposal a dynojet dyno for tuning and will post the story as I do it.

wow I have seen alot of bad comments about the Teka. I won't get into a "this is better than that" since I do not have experience with the PC but for me the teka works great. I haven't had any problems with mine and it tunes my bike just fine.
Now I have not tried a custom mapped PCIII so I do not have apples to apples experience but the Teka unit does do what it says it will.

Now are there better choices?? hell yes there is better choices, but like alot of members have said here if you are new to the bike then you would be better off with the PCIII since there is such a huge following with them. Most tuners use them so as far as the support for the PC there is nothing better.

I am going to do a comparo after I get my bike fixed, first I will tune the bike on the dyno with the teka and see where I get then I will install a PCIII and see where I get with the PC to see the actual differences. I have at my disposal a dynojet dyno for tuning and will post the story as I do it.
ThumbsUp.gif

tufbusa - would you provide the technical knowledge you have in regards to the Teka so that perhaps your side of the argument can be understood?
I don't have an argument. I'm not saying one is better than the other. I do see some posts from guys who obviously feel very strong about their opinion, yet they don't seem to have any facts to back up their choice? It will be interesting to see if anyone chims in with a real break down on the relationship between the PC & Teka Box to the ECU.

tufbusa - would you provide the technical knowledge you have in regards to the Teka so that perhaps your side of the argument can be understood?

Also if you really want to gain a better understanding of "how the ecu is tunned" you may want to read some of the detailed threads regarding the ECU at link. There is plenty of detailed technical information for you to familiarize yourself with the ECU. It may be a good starting point for you.

On a different note... If someone explains why a tire should be balanced I don't think the metallurgy of the weight, what the sticky stuff is made of, or the gravitational pull of the earth is really necessary for everyone to understand things. I'm sure we can all agree that to balance it you can use stick-on weights, clamp-on weights, or other means to alter and/or correct the balance.

You can tune with a teka, bazzaz, DJbox, or what ever other method that's choose to effect the signals to and/or from the ECU.
That's some link....  
wowold.gif

Alhough I feel a little stoopid trying to understand what the f*ck they are talkin' about.
face7.gif

Me likey new tire!
(Me thinks gravity is NOT a factor in weather a tire is balenced or not.)

Thanks, I think.  
all_coholic.gif

cheers
ken

Not going to bash tekka but will say why I personally preffer the PC3usb.
It does not "flash"or re-program the factory ecu.It is a "DIC" direct injector control unit.It modifies the signal coming from the ecu to the injectors.You can unplug it at anytime without compromizing any factory warranty issues with a ecu.
The fact that you can modify fuel delivery from idle,2%,5%,10%,20%,40%,50%,60%,80%,&100% throttle position at every single rpm you can ever come across at any time, in any gear, is also a plus.
I also like the expansion port that you can plug in a number of cool toys into.Like,timing control module,or a quick shifter,or even a LCD display.
On v twins & harleys,you can even tune each cylinder individually if you want.This will be avail soon for inline 4's.
Dynojet developed the 1st FI controller and has set the industry standard for others to follow.(did you know the guy who started tekka used to work for dynojet?)oops did I say that.
Dynojets Tuninglink software used by their approved tuning centers is the best automated tuning program the cycle industry has to offer.(not saying the "step"tuning method doesnt work.
When I decided to purchase a dyno for my bikeshop,I did my homework.It was a big investment.There are alot of dyno companies out there that make a decent dyno.I chose dynojet because of their complete line of products that work hand in hand with their software,dyno,and most of all their powercommander.Just my opinion
smile.gif

You don't need to re-map with slip-ons. The flow restriction is in the header and collector not the cans.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="CODEHEAD">Code Sample:[/Quote]<div class="CODE clearfix">You pay to play, we all know that. Besides we are only talking about $270 bucks.[/Quote][/Quote]

It is $270 times how many bikes you have.. we have about a dozen in the shop, so it would add up fast..;)

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Stage 1 turbo?[/quote]

No..Stage 3 Velocity setups(We have the 2007 Superstreet championship bike ,plus the new one we just built) We hold the MPH and ET records for this class...7.91 ET and 191 MPH..;)

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="CODEHEAD">Code Sample:
<div class="CODE clearfix">You pay to play, we all know that. Besides we are only talking about $270 bucks.[/Quote][/Quote]

It is $270 times how many bikes you have.. we have about a dozen in the shop, so it would add up fast..;)

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Stage 1 turbo?[/quote]

No..Stage 3 Velocity setups(We have the 2007 Superstreet championship bike ,plus the new one we just built) We hole the MPH and ET records for this class...7.91 ET and 191 MPH..;)[/quote]
bowdown.gif
first time using this dude. feel privileged. what hp you talking about 450ish dont tell me 500

I don't have an argument. I'm not saying one is better than the other. I do see some posts from guys who obviously feel very strong about their opinion, yet they don't seem to have any facts to back up their choice? It will be interesting to see if anyone chims in with a real break down on the relationship between the PC & Teka Box to the ECU.
instead of waiting for someone to chime in with the info why don't you just go ahead and post up the knowledge yourself
thumb_up.gif

instead of waiting for someone to chime in with the info why don't you just go ahead and post up the knowledge yourself
thumb_up.gif
rant.gif
laugh.gif

thumb_up.gif
+ 100, that's what I'm waiting for... so far you've been great at trash talkin everybody... Let's here it Tufbusa, learn us, we're all waiting....

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I hate to disappoint you fella's but I don't trash talk anyone. However, I am waiting for anyone who has posted up statements on one unit being better than the other to simply give us some back up as to why they have made that assumption? Anyone can make claims and statements (You know the old grade school trash "My daddy can whip your daddy" stuff) I'm just amazed that no one seems to be willing to share their reasons for their choice, other than "My choice is XYZ because it's better known to tuners"?

I will give you fella's a morsel to savor!

Did you know, by piggy backing a PC to your ECU, it actually slows down the operational speed of your ECU? Just like adding a program to your computer that works within another program, slows the entire operation down. Of course you won't find that little tidbit on any Power Commander site.

The Teka Box does not piggy back your ECU thus does not reduce the operational speed.

+1 for the Teka Box.

Anyone who can add pro's or con's to either unit, please post up! Dialog among the troups can be entertaining as well as very informative!

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Stage 1 turbo?[/quote]

No..Stage 3 Velocity setups(We have the 2007 Superstreet championship bike ,plus the new one we just built) We hold the MPH and ET records for this class...7.91 ET and 191 MPH..;)[/quote]
They're tuned with only the Teka?

Back