Changes are a comin

MoosesBusa

Former BusaHolic
Donating Member
Registered
I have to go to Jacksonville the first part of the week and my HMF High Mounts are supposedly shipped and on the way to be delivered Monday. The guys I got the exhaust from volunteered to install it knowing that the Fl Busa Guys are ridin' next weekend and they Knew I wanted to be ready. SO They are gonna put the exhaust on for me then take it over to Richie ( My Dyno Tuner ) Who is gonna do the airbox mod and use the Teka Box to tune the Bike's ECM while on the dyno. I ran a base line dyno yesterday and the three run average was 152.14 hp testing in 4th gear. he said he's gonna do another run when the bike shows up with just the HMF's on it then work his magic with the Teka Box. He said the only major difference between using the Teka Box and tuning a Power Commander is that the changes are mapped for every 3000 rpm not 250. I'm saving $200 going this route and will see what my end result numbers will be. Once I get those i'll post up along with what's been done and hopefully somebody on the board will have something with a PC on it to compare with.

I have to go to Jacksonville the first part of the week and my HMF High Mounts are supposedly shipped and on the way to be delivered Monday. The guys I got the exhaust from volunteered to install it knowing that the Fl Busa Guys are ridin' next weekend and they Knew I wanted to be ready. SO They are gonna put the exhaust on for me then take it over to Richie ( My Dyno Tuner ) Who is gonna do the airbox mod and use the Teka Box to tune the Bike's ECM while on the dyno. I ran a base line dyno yesterday and the three run average was 152.14 hp testing in 4th gear. he said he's gonna do another run when the bike shows up with just the HMF's on it then work his magic with the Teka Box. He said the only major difference between using the Teka Box and tuning a Power Commander is that the changes are mapped for every 3000 rpm not 250. I'm saving $200 going this route and will see what my end result numbers will be. Once I get those i'll post up along with what's been done and hopefully somebody on the board will have something with a PC on it to compare with.
Where is this dyno you are using?

Secret underground laboratory out amongst the phosphate mines ;)

R & R off of 50th in Tampa A guy named Ritchie owns the place. Came highly recomended from my buddies in Brandon. From what I've seen and heard so far he knows what he's doing. I'll find out when it's done.

sweet deal, Moose....ya gotta post up the pics!!!
Oh believe me I WILL!
tounge.gif

Secret underground laboratory out amongst the phosphate mines ;)
SHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Don't wanna give away ALL my secrets!
laugh.gif

Back