Did the marble mod yesterday

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
Yeah I know this mods been played out more times that you've been ripped-off at the gas pump, just make sure your awake and have had your coffee when you mess with your bike first thing in the morning.  Had some Yoshi TRS bolt-ons installed, no problems with backfiring for awhile but eventually it did develop after they got good and broken in, not a poppity pop as in exhaust leak but a heavy load then decel pop bang. OK so I decided to put the stock cans back on and actually like it quieter and don't mind the looks or weight.

Well It still let out a pretty good backfire on decel with the stock cans ? , again not an exhaust leak but fuel/air load - the system is tight and stock, no PC3 etc, runs really good, idles great, no surging etc with or without the Yoshi's, with or without the marble, its the one pop at the end of the deceleration I don't care for.

OK so I go out and pull-off the right fairing to do the mod, I can hear some of you saying wait! - you don't need to pull that off to do that mod. Remember when I said to make sure your awake and to have had your caffeine fix when you start messing around first thing in the morning  
banghead.gif

Long story short, the little marble mod works. My question is, does anyone know of any adverse/negative effects of this mod and/or the block-off plates mod on an otherwise stock system? besides the obvious weight savings, no more backfiring etc etc.  Oh and I did take some quick pics of the mod if anyones interested in seeing them posted?

misc_pics_stuff_030.jpg

Go ahead and post up the pics. I've heard of this mod, but never actually seen it done, or known exactly what it was. I assume you're putting marbles somewhere in the eshaust system?

Yup, gotta fill only the left can with marbles, stops the popping.
thumb_up.gif

Pop the seat and raise the tank as per manual. It's the hose on the right rear of the air box, disconnect it.

marble_mod_003.jpg

Place marble in end of hose and shove it in there, it actually goes in fairly easy.

marble_mod_014.jpg

If theres any question about the marble going somewhere you don't want it to, just put a zip-tie below it, you should be able to kneed the marble back out easily if you ever wanted to. Reconnect the hose, mod done, it's that easy.
Again the poor mans alternative to the par valve block-off plate mod.

marble_mod_018.jpg

great idea. Is there any performance advantage to this? My stock system back fires on the decell too.

Back