Did the marble mod yesterday

great idea. Is there any performance advantage to this? My stock system back fires on the decell too.
no performance advantage or disadvantage. removes flames and backfires
thumb_up.gif

Bill, the problem is...with the marble, the handling is all different, wants to "fall in" on right turns due to weight. Doyle

Bill, the problem is...with the marble, the handling is all different, wants to "fall in" on right turns due to weight.    Doyle
If anybody would know, it would be you  
super.gif
. Just wondered if there was any adverse buildup,richness,breathing,venting etc effects?,not concerned with mileage as it's still good for a monster of a machine type.  Glad the BANG! is gone.

I notice my bike leans a bit to the right going down the road. I may have to put another marble in my left pocket to offset
laugh.gif

Just get the block off plates and do it right . You will lose about 7lbs and it only costs about $30. I believe that soupy sells them on the board here .

Bill, the problem is...with the marble, the handling is all different, wants to "fall in" on right turns due to weight.    Doyle
super.gif
.  Just wondered if there was any adverse buildup,richness,breathing,venting etc effects?,not concerned with mileage as it's still good for a monster of a machine type.  Glad the BANG! is gone.
Uncle Doyle always knows these things I think we should start calling him Dr. Wrench
cool.gif

super.gif
.  Just wondered if there was any adverse buildup,richness,breathing,venting etc effects?,not concerned with mileage as it's still good for a monster of a machine type.  Glad the BANG! is gone.
Uncle Doyle always knows these things     I think we should start calling him Dr. Wrench
cool.gif
I like Iron-man although Uncle Doyle is humorous
laugh.gif

Just get the block off plates and do it right .
Seriously, is it the right way or just another way of accomplishing the same results?
Its the right way. Condensation will build up in the PAIR system over time with the marble mod. Trapped condensation and metal aren't good bedfellows. The marble mod is OK short term until you get a chance to do it right. But with stock cans, you have something else going on than the pair valve if you hear a bang through those cans. When's the last time you've had the throttle bodies synced up?

Good Job Bill !!!!!  Just one Question, Did you CLEAN and POLISH the Marble before you Installed it ?
rock.gif

I paid $12 or so for block off plates off ebay. As for the horsepower thing, i havent brung my bike back to the dyno yet. I did a run before the pair valve removal and im going to do another one after. I went ang got a gix 600 so dyno time is on hold for the busa. Its probably good for 1 or 2 hp since the air box is gaining pressure from the hole being closed and the exhaust has more room for hydrocarbons since the pair valve isnt blowing stupid fresh air into the header. My dyno time will prove it.

Condensation will build up in the PAIR system over time with the marble mod.  Trapped condensation and metal aren't good bedfellows.  When's the last time you've had the throttle bodies synced up?
Thanks for the info and True about corrosion.    19k, never synced, was wondering why the backfire with the stock cans?.  Sorry more of a pop than a bang, was louder with the Yoshi's.

Back