Short pipes from 8Daytona8 (Lee).

Jet Li

What is the AWESOME????
Donating Member
Registered
O.K., I got the pipes, clamps, and baffels from 8Daytona8, Lee.

1) The shipping was super fast and everything was well packed with much care taken to prevent damage.

2) Included was two pipes, two very nice clamps, and baffles installed.

3) Put em on in about 30 minutes, (I am slow and had to stop to get refreshing fluid and answer phone plus hunt my two Schnauzers down who had decided to go into my neighbors flower garden
pissed.gif
, Bad Dogs!

4) I think the pipes look really good and much better than stock. The rear just looks much cleaner and meaner.

5) Took a test run and no backfire, really did not notice any engine performance change and that is O.K. because I tried this for purely cosmetic affect.

6) They were loud but not louder than the stock cans I had gutted once just to hear what would happen. I thought the sound was just fine and found myself hitting the throttle at a couple lights just to hear the grunt. At higher RPM's only hit about 8 grand the note was more of a high pitched whine, reminded me of a formula one kinda of scream.

7) Weighed the old cans and mids, lost 20.6lbs and maybe it was just me but I swear this made a noticeable difference in the handling. Maybe this is due the where the 20lbs used to be, well away from the bikes center of gravity.

So, overall on a scale of 10 I would say for the small amount of money I invested, the ease of dealing with Lee, the new looks and sound, plus better handling, I'd give it an 8.5. I am sure I will enjoy this mod for quite a while.
smile.gif

I know the bike is dirty, just have had too much to do to get her clean.

when i put my boz on it made a huge differance in handling thats why i dont know why people like highmounts nice look realy cleans up the back

(MORBIDBUSA @ Jul. 16 2007,18:18) when i put my boz on it made a huge differance in handling thats why i dont know why people like highmounts nice look realy cleans up the back
Yeah, thought I was high on adrenaline at first, the bike felt more than 20lbs lighter.

Thanks for posting you got em and are happy with em! katman says about the same thing, Haven't heard from the others. Your the only one with the black stubs. Sweet bike!
super.gif
The black items with the red really works. Very functional savers! an extra
super.gif
4 those. Thanks

super.gif

Shoot me a PM. I want a set of those. I need to know where you got em and how much they are worth.

will they work with a stock 07,
what kinda price ???also what about exhaust heat on your legs

Back