ps3 Gets better with time

ResidentEvil

Registered
The updates keep rolling out and it gets better and better :thumbsup:

Now its a 3D Movie player you just need a 3d TV and glasses and no more disk to see Netflix its now integrated into the system after a free download :cheerleader:

Last edited:
Yes i must agree with you and it will continue to do things that X Box will never even try to accomplish.
But I must warn you will find a strong Mulisha on here that comes to the defense of that said crappy going out of business company.(watch):boohoo:
We will also be get The PS4 even sooner than you may think.:beerchug:

how hard is it to watch movies with it?

Last edited:
We will also be get The PS4 even sooner than you may think.

I doubt it. Sony can't afford to release another multi-billion dollar loser.

The PS3 is pretty much turning into a multimedia player, with a (very) few exclusive games.
The 360 is the platform of choice for console gamers who are serious about online gaming.

I have both, and I'll say right now that I use the 360 wayyyyy more for gaming. I use the PS3 mainly for recording my wife's crappy TV shows.

EDIT: The title of this thread is meaningless. - Of course the PS3's functionality has improved. So has that of the 360. I can now download an entire game to my HDD and play it from there, a function sorely lacking on the PS3, especially given the cost of replacing the Blu-Ray diode.

Last edited:
yea but ps3 has more rpg's that you can play with your spouse...we like them

i bought the "wave" for my son for christmas...we have the wii but its so old graphics looking...and shooting games are poor because the controller doesnt work properly ( aim is off even after recalculating aiming)...

so have to wait til christmas to say more about the wave but they say alot more precise and games are way better than the wii..

I Have the PS3 just got my Netflix yesterday, glad it was free :laugh:

I have a gaming PC and really only enjoy gaming online with the PC never really cared for the console games.

I hardly use mine outside of a blue ray player... and the only thing mine did with time was stop working.

Wow so many peeps 1 sided I guess I can almost fit into that catagory. Both the XBox and the Playstation (any model of either) play games. They both have good titles and both have online function. True both are different and focus on different aspects of the game play. Xbox is more friendly for online play. The PS3 is more into having the better graphics qualities. EVERYONE knows this stuff.

However with the gaming aspect set aside for both consoles (which do what they do very well) lets look at a non gaming aspect.

They both do movies from netflix, they both can play dvd movies. So the PS3 can play blue-ray and xbox cant... WHO CARES!!!!

So in the end they are both very well designed system with only 1 thing on this planet that makes 1 better than the other.

The best system in the world will let you play Final Fantasy 7-13 on it. Here is a hint: It isn't the xbox.

yeah ima little bias. :laugh:

The PS3 is more into having the better graphics qualities.

The best system in the world will let you play Final Fantasy 7-13 on it. Here is a hint: It isn't the xbox.

Uh-huh. So why did Batman: AA, Bayonetta, Enslaved, etc, look better on the 360? And load faster?
The graphics capabilities of the PS3 are no better than those of the 360, since they are both able to play in 1080p. And no-one is actually programming games in 1080p. Hell, you're lucky to see 720p.
Gears of War 2 looks as good as anything on the PS3. Different style, but just as good.

Also, Final Fantasy sucks.

i just signed on to netflix again for this very reason but do they let you stream all movies or selected few? in the past, netflix would only let you watch instantly on your computer but the choices were junk. obviously, i'd rather stream it than have a dvd sent in the mail and wait 2 days.

Finally some people that know whats going:beerchug: on other than brainwashed
microcrapheads :moon:
Watch out racerv will be a commin with guns a blazin soon :laugh:

Last edited:
Uh-huh. So why did Batman: AA, Bayonetta, Enslaved, etc, look better on the 360? And load faster?
The graphics capabilities of the PS3 are no better than those of the 360, since they are both able to play in 1080p. And no-one is actually programming games in 1080p. Hell, you're lucky to see 720p.
Gears of War 2 looks as good as anything on the PS3. Different style, but just as good.

Also, Final Fantasy sucks.

I didnt say the capabilities of the PS3 are better than the 360 just "most" games for the PS3 have a better visual quality while the game play on the 360 is better.

As for the the Final Fantasy comment. I am sorry you don't have the capacity to know a good game when it comes out.

I didnt say the capabilities of the PS3 are better than the 360 just "most" games for the PS3 have a better visual quality while the game play on the 360 is better.
That's complete bullcrap. I don't know what games you've been playing, but I'll bet that you don't own both consoles. I DO, and there is very little graphical difference between the consoles as far as multi-platform games go. If anything, the multi-platform games tend to look better on the 360, since it's much easier to program for.
As for the exclusive games, sure, Uncharted 2 looks great but it doesn't look better than Gears of War 2. Different...but not better.

As for the the Final Fantasy comment. I am sorry you don't have the capacity to know a good game when it comes out.
JRPG's are for people who live in their mother's basement, emerging only for pizza pockets and cans of Red Bull. I'll take a good FPS/adventure platformer/TPS over a JRPG, thanks.
The FF series consists of little more than superabundant, tedious dialogue, combined with equally tedious "combat". No thanks.
But, each to their own, I suppose.

Last edited:
That's complete bullcrap. I don't know what games you've been playing, but I'll bet that you don't own both consoles. I DO, and there is very little graphical difference between the consoles as far as multi-platform games go. If anything, the multi-platform games tend to look better on the 360, since it's much easier to program for.
As for the exclusive games, sure, Uncharted 2 looks great but it doesn't look better than Gears of War 2. Different...but not better.

JRPG's are for people who live in their mother's basement, emerging only for pizza pockets and cans of Red Bull. I'll take a good FPS/adventure platformer/TPS over a JRPG, thanks.
The FF series consists of little more than superabundant, tedious dialogue, combined with equally tedious "combat". No thanks.
But, each to their own, I suppose.

Well if I was a betting man I would win cause I do own both consoles. We can banter back and forth till our fingers bleed from typing so much. There is no use in continuing this conversation since you seem to love the Xbox and well just happen to own a PS3. (Personal Opinion I could be wrong)

FPS and TPS get rather old after while and while they can be fun in spurts, they don't hold my interest long enough to be "Hardcore" at them. Trust me RacerV done schooled me online. :bowdown:

I would prefer a good RPG/Strategy game over an FPS/TPS.

Since we got the whole who likes what type games lets just enjoy both consoles for what they provide as they both have their ups and downs. :beerchug:

Back