Discuss Avatar here! *possible spoilers as of 12/18*

As far as I'm concerned I got my $12.50 worth AND THEN SOME. Great movie!
Not sure how the Academy is going to work it. I don't think Zoe Saldana deserves
Best Actress but she sure better at least get a nom. As far as Special Effects, I thought Star Trek just for the opening battle scene was a lock even though 2012 was awesome, but hands-down there is no contest or for Best Producer.

Now I have to see The Hurt Locker, Up In The Air and The Blind Side.

As far as I'm concerned I got my $12.50 worth AND THEN SOME. Great movie!
Not sure how the Academy is going to work it. I don't think Zoe Saldana deserves
Best Actress but she sure better at least get a nom. As far as Special Effects, I thought Star Trek just for the opening battle scene was a lock even though 2012 was awesome, but hands-down there is no contest or for Best Producer.

Now I have to see The Hurt Locker, Up In The Air and The Blind Side.

As much as I :love: this movie (duh! Its my thread :laugh:) I'm going to have to say its very limited in its Oscar potential. Except in the Best Effects category, both Visual & Sound Star Trek's CGI was good...but the live action/CGI combo that James Cameron introduced in Avatar has never been seen before & is out of this world. So that should be a lock. Best Art Direction & Best Music, Original Dramatic Score could be another.

That being said...while his directing must have been extremely challenging and hard to "see" the finished scenes/product, its not Oscar material. And with out any serious big time screen presence, none of the actors will be nominated.

As much as I :love: this movie (duh! Its my thread :laugh:) I'm going to have to say its very limited in its Oscar potential. Except in the Best Effects category, both Visual & Sound Star Trek's CGI was good...but the live action/CGI combo that James Cameron introduced in Avatar has never been seen before & is out of this world. So that should be a lock. Best Art Direction & Best Music, Original Dramatic Score could be another.

That being said...while his directing must have been extremely challenging and hard to "see" the finished scenes/product, its not Oscar material. And with out any serious big time screen presence, none of the actors will be nominated.

Well I may have to eat crow on some of my statements above!

The Golden Globe awards are frequently a sign of potential winners to come at the upcoming Oscars.

Avatar won Best Motion Picture (Drama) :cheerleader:
AND
James Cameron won Best Director! :woot:

Avatar did not win in the Score or Song category as I predicted.

Back