Just brought a 3dtv

newman

Registered
Just got a good deal online on a new samsung 50 inch plasma 3dtv, it was listed at £1299 but was on sale for £899, then under the main ad there was a special offer of the tv a 3d blu-ray dvd player two pairs of glasses and four 3d shrek dvds for £898 so I got that, when I went to pay for it I put in a promotional code which I had got from another web site and got another £60 off. It does take a bit of time to get used to the 3d but it's very nice. And also I got a boxed set of all six series of the sopranos for £44.99. Now the bad thing I got a philips electric razor yesterday all the blades popped out as i was opening it up and the dogs managed to get some of the plastic bits and chew them up before I could stop them I was not happy, I don't blame the dogs as they were just playing, anyway my girlfriend said these thing just happen which is true, I'm just grateful to have such a good life compared to some people, so happy new year to everyone. Dave.

Well, let me just say congratulations on the new TV and sorry about the razor hungry puppy incident.

How do they deliver a 50" TV?

Very nice, I was at the store the otrer day and took a look at those 3ds and love it. Cant wait to get me something like that.

yes, the only time 3d is active is with a 3d blu-ray or 3d programming (super bowl in 3d this year:cheerleader:) and you still have the option to watch in 2d. Its not the old blue and red either, it looks like you have some serious eye malfunction, the objects near are pretty clear but the further objects you start to see 2-3 of each and thats when the electronic shutter glasses do there job of turning the blurry into depth. There is also a Processor to actually convert 2d to 3d but its just not the same as a movie that was filmed in 3d. We actually bought the plasma and returned it the next day and got the led because of the heat that thing put off. FWIW we have the un46c7000 and it is an amazing tv, 2d or 3d. it is crystal clear, and has awesome color at any angle.

Last edited:
They delivered it in a very big box which I actually measured and it was 4ft 10ins long I did panic a bit but when we got it out the tv was 4ft wide. Yes you can watch in 2d or 3d. Here's a pic of it with the blu-ray on top of the surround sound box at the bottom left.

101_1614.jpg

they're really pushing 3d, but i just can't see it catching on..

i imagine its nice watching movies in 3d, but can't see people wanting to put on 3d glasses everytime they sit down to watch the tv.

Last edited:
Cool purchase, I just bought a large TV and had also looked at the 3D set ups...but for my personal preference I don't think we could have sat for more than 20 minutes wearing those glasses :laugh: but will be good for some people.

I went with a lot larger 2D LED rather than the 3D

Same TV that I have. Love it. Not only is the 3d pretty cool, but it is the best standard view television that I have ever seen. Every time somebody comes to the house they stare at the tv in amazement.

Added bonus is watching hockey and football in 3d. Now they are coming out with 3d cameras too which would be cool to have as well.

Just picked up the Samsung un46c8000 for Christmas (3D LED). Nice set, we only watch 2D so far but will wait for a sale on the Glasses, next mod is Sony BDP-S770 3D blu ray

Toshiba developed a 3d tv that requires no glasses. It's not yet for sale and is going to be incredibly expensive but, it seems like it will be amazing.

Toshiba developed a 3d tv that requires no glasses. It's not yet for sale and is going to be incredibly expensive but, it seems like it will be amazing.

I'd be more interested in one that did not require glasses

Back