Instant Netflix. Is it worth it?

mgnsn24

Registered
I'm talking about the netflix that you add instantly to your netflix capable device. The movies seem outdated and other than watching a few tv series I don't think I'll keep it very much longer after i get done with the tv series I want to watch. What do you all think about instant stuff? People who have it can you refer a good movie that is offered instantly. Thanks.

I don't have it on my mobile but its what I use at home. Works great for me 9.00 a month I watch about 7-9 new releases that I get in the mail an stream quite a bit movies. I got rid of cable an satellite tried them both an the service was horrible. the New releases are not available over streaming.

Not as much to choose from as I thought there would be. Quite a bit of stuff from Discovery and History channel, but everything else it too old. I'm getting ready to cancel mine.

We're on our second month of the stuff. So, maybe we're not "bored" with it yet. I actually like it quite a bit, though. The kids are enjoying it a lot too. I don't look at it as a means to watch current releases but more of a spontaneous "movie night" fallback. For $10 a month, it saves a trip to the movie store and we still get the more current releases via a DVD in the mail.

We are streaming it to our Wii and the 360 and surprisingly both work equally well/

i just started my account the other day. i dont watch alot of movies but my wife does and she likes it so far. we canceled the movie channels on our satellite and signed up for netflix, it save us about 25 bucks a month.

i love it.. 2 dvd plan

2 computers, 4xboxs share the instant movies

2 of them are strictly for kids movies

how many times can u watch my little mermaid?

I'm currently watching Friday Night lights, the series. And I introduced my kids to one of my favorite shows when I was a kid, Leave It to beaver. About all I watch on it. When I'm through doing that I might just possibly cancel if the instant movies don't get better.

I use it all the time since I'm always in a hotel and rarely get to watch standard shows.

The Starz play area will have a TON of movies, the sucky part is the search kinda blows for finding things in that section.

The TV area has what seems to be an ever growing collection of old and new shows, including some that are current shows and post the day after the show airs on TV.

We have a bluray player and Wii hooked up and I stream them on the laptop from hotels and really have not found a time when there wasn't something to watch. My latest has been watching the old series of Top Gear :thumbsup:

I was just reading an article about this today. Apparently the issue with streaming new movies is that as long as the movie channels (HBO, showtime, etc.) have the rights to show it, netflix can't stream it which is why they only stream the older movies. They did just sign a deal with one of the movie channels so they can stream some newer movies after they are on the movies channels for about 3 months instead of the current couple of years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/11/business/media/11netflix.html?_r=1&hpw

I was just reading an article about this today. Apparently the issue with streaming new movies is that as long as the movie channels (HBO, showtime, etc.) have the rights to show it, netflix can't stream it which is why they only stream the older movies. They did just sign a deal with one of the movie channels so they can stream some newer movies after they are on the movies channels for about 3 months instead of the current couple of years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/11/business/media/11netflix.html?_r=1&hpw

Well that explains a lot...

I love the streaming; can't wait for the iPhone app to be released. That said, IMO, if it's available on DVD/Blu-ray, it should be available on streaming. Just my :2cents: and I know that means nothing; the studios always want their cut...

Very worth it!

You get the new release DVDs sent to your home in the mail.

And there are a few good movies on instant queue. I use it to watch tv shows mainly..

For $9/mth you get as many new release DVDs sent to your house as you want. watch 2 and it's already paid for itself.

I love it. Dennis and I watch more movies on our computers than we do on the TV. He can watch his comedy shows while I am watching a sci fy flick at the same time, in the same room. I am getting ready to get rid of HBO. There is never anything on anymore.

What she said ^^^ The streaming movies are older, but I'm finding some gems out there that I didn't see before because they didn't sound interesting enough to see in the theater or pluck off the shelf at BlockBuster. Being able to select it to watch instantly with the option of moving onto another if it is as bad as it sounded has me sampling a whole new selection of old movies

The streaming is nice for TV series and some older new releases, but if you're looking to watch movies the day they come out on DVD then this definitely won't be for you.

The streaming is nice for TV series and some older new releases, but if you're looking to watch movies the day they come out on DVD then this definitely won't be for you.

That's what the DVD queue is for. :thumbsup:

New releases just show up in the mailbox in 1-3 days. Watch it and send it back in. Get the next one in a few more days.

We just recently signed up. I'm not overly impressed so far. The only thing that I've seen that I was excited to see was the first season of Cake Boss!! Dave has Weeds season one. I think that is the most idiotic show ever created....but whatever. :laugh:

I can't use the streaming features since I'm in BFE and there's no high-speed yet...

I love NETFLIX though...watching the True Blood series now and I am hooked...I have tons of movies in my queue, so I'll have it for a long while...

Back