I found this new thing called NETFLIX !

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
WOW, for a guy that doesn't watch a lot of TV I am addicted.... 8 bucks a month all you stream and they have tons of old TV shows... I work out in the garage about 20 hours a day and have been doing that for about a year now. Radio is good for awhile but the same songs come on over and over... I signed up for the 8 bucks a month netflix and I have been watching or listening to my favorite old TV shows just as noise in the background for about 2 weeks now... I can say that I have gone all the way from episode 1 season 1 to the very end of season 6 of The Office (I love that show) and I feel complete.. I started News Radio about a week ago and I have been watching old movies inbetween to break it all up..

I can stream on my computer, WII, Ipad and the App for my Droid is supposed to be coming soon....

Anyone else have Netflix?

cap

I dont, but my buddy does. He didnt wanna pay cable prices and satalite was a no go. We watch full series on there and some great kid programs for his daughter too. :thumbsup:

My wife is addicted to it. The sad thing is that I live in the boonies and the best I have is a weak DSL connection. So there's no surfing the net while she's watching a movie. :moon:

Yep. Love it. We watch more movies on our computers than we do on the TV. I can watch comedy shows while she watches a sci fy flick at the same time, in the same room. We have the Wii fit disc to put stuff up on the big screen when we want to.

Cap, I have not paid for TV in over a decade and do not see paying for it anytime soon. I also have Netflix, but you really have to check out Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free..

You can get all of your TV shows directly off there for free. They also have "channels" that you can browse TV shows and watch them for free as well.

I stream netflix through 1) my iPhone, 2) my PS3 3) my laptop and 4) a dedicated netflix player that's on my wireless network in the bedroom.

I can watch old shows and movies from just about anywhere. Netflix is great. I just hope they don't get all uppity with themselves and start tacking on extra fees.

We just got it here in Canada in October. I got it right away and weve been watching Rescue Me - with Dennis Leary. Now we watched seasons 1 to 4 in the last couple weeks and now i see season 5 isnt available yet ! We're addicted- its a great show ! Season 6 just started on tv and I need season 5 to be up to date ! WTF !
Other then that - its pretty good !

Last edited:
I am a IT (information systems degree from UTSA) guy myself, so I have been on the Netflix train since day one. I also second the notion of Hulu, if any of you haven't tried it yet. Lots of good solid programming, but I use it mostly for TV shows as Hulu movies are kinda lame. Also there is Hulu+ (or Plus) for those with a PS3 allowing you to surf Hulu from it like a puter only with a nice interface.
I am glad to see people here are discovering that there is much more to the internet than the .Org!:laugh:

I stream it through my Xbox 360. They just added a search function from the xbox interface.

Also for music you may try an internet radio station. I stream Last.fm on my xbox and my droid. (pandora always force closed)

I have had it for a while I refuse to pay for Sat/Cable I find their rates offensive for what they offer. 1 new release at a time unlimited get anew movies as fast I can send the previously viewed one back, that and the streaming I don't need anything else.

Cable an Sat :moon: just for you :laugh:

Back