I found this new thing called NETFLIX !

I've been using Netflix - but I have to say that I'm disappointed - most of the movies that I want to watch are NOT available via streaming. :2cents:

I have it and have been using it for a long time. The only gotcha is that you have to be on a US IP address or it no worky. I found that out the hard way while in germany :banghead: but otherwise, we watch it all the time. In hotels on my laptop, both TVs at home have either the Wii or the Bluray player hooked to it. They have most anything I want to watch and some of the current shows show up the evening they premier on the TV :thumbsup:

How much bandwidth does it consume. With my satelite i can only download less than half a gig in 24 hour period. Seems i am always going over that with just apps and music.

Not sure how big the files are but I would expect about 300 meg or so

Last month I cut my cable to basic and for $9 a month I watch TV series without commercials now. Due to little ones I never have watched any of the primetime series..now I can watch alot of what I missed.

I am on Season 3 of Robin Hood right now.:thumbsup:

And all this is wifi through my Wii in teh living room and my BluRay player in the bedroom

Not sure how big the files are but I would expect about 300 meg or so

Figured as much, so even with one of the best satelite plans available, i get hit with what they call a Fair Access plan after 425 meg and my connection slows down to "fax" bandwidth until i pony up $10 to restore my limit.

Thanks CAp..

Figured as much, so even with one of the best satelite plans available, i get hit with what they call a Fair Access plan after 425 meg and my connection slows down to "fax" bandwidth until i pony up $10 to restore my limit.

Thanks CAp..

that was just a swag so dont hold me to it... Even with compression streaming a full screen of hi def has to eat up bandwidth...

My net is 700kb/sec give or take, and I barely have the speed to keep the movie playing. I get buffer delays on occasion.

What I like the most about netflix isnt really the movies but all the TV shows that you can get episode one after the other.... I am going through 24 season 2 now... No commercials and you really stay on top of things... I can never watch a series week at a time because I can never get in front of the TV at the same time... its good to see many of the old shows like night court and News radio that is just silly but funny....

cap

Back