netflix

superbusaman

Registered
i recently got a home theater installed and been watching many movies(most of them i just buy or record in hd off of hbo or show.) for xmas i got a subscription to netflix and was wondering if anyone likes it or not? i hate renting movies b/c there usually all scratched and skip scenes. just wanted to see what others think about it.

We use it all the time. We do however end up sending back about 10% of them unwatched because of scratches or other damage. They do send replacements or credit the fees, but it is just a PITA when you are expecting to be able to relax and watch a good movie.

just go to the video store and get a movie....or if you have "on demand" with comcast, that is even better.

so far i have found recording on the dvr, the best....but you have to wait awhile before the movies come out on hbo or show

Had netflix, discs did suck.

Blockbuster online is much much better. The movies come as quick or quicker than you turn them into the blockbuster store in exchange for another free movie and it registers your return immediately and they ship you another movie right away.

Haven't had any disc quality issues yet, like I did with netflix.

Not a big movie fanatic in general, but the wife and I will usually order and record on Tivo/DVR from DirecTV.

ill see how it works for me it was a gift so i have to use it for 6 months
lurk.gif

oh and i cant believe no one has asked to see the theater room, i know how u guys like pics.....can u tell i like to show it off lol

Blockbuster rocks because you can return them to the store instead of mail if they are damaged or you are impatient.

Netflixs is the exact same other than that.

No problem w/ Netflix here. I'll have to see if the movies I have in my queue on Netflix are available via Blockbuster. I doubt if they carry some of my movies in the store.

(BiG-T @ Jan. 11 2007,18:35) No problem w/ Netflix here. I'll have to see if the movies I have in my queue on Netflix are available via Blockbuster. I doubt if they carry some of my movies in the store.
Dont you have to be 21 to get in the back room where those movies are?

Netflix is awesome for the price. We buy a lot of movies and this gives us an opportunity to watch before we buy. Had one broken disc and they credited us and sent another one right away.

(ToyKraz @ Jan. 11 2007,12:54) We use it all the time. We do however end up sending back about 10% of them unwatched because of scratches or other damage. They do send replacements or credit the fees, but it is just a PITA when you are expecting to be able to relax and watch a good movie.
I found it a pita as well lots of scratched discs

Back