Apple TV - Anyone used it, good/bad?

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
I'm considering replacing the Wii in the main room with an Apple TV to get the Netflix and ITunes stuff on the main tv.

Looks like it should do the trick but I know nothing about it. I like my Ipod touch and am planning to get an IPad 2 soon so seems like it would blend well.

Any input is greatly appreciated :beerchug:

Ehhh for me it seems like spending money for something you can get for free on any laptop or media PC. I built a media pc for $120 that has a 500 gb hard drive and way better graphics and sound card than Apple TV.

I have the Apple TV and love it. We use it mainly for Netflix and renting movies. Netflix pauses occationally but that is a Netflix server load problem not the ATV. It handles digital media flawlessly. You can listen to internet radio and all sorts of other things. I am a big fan of Apple though. We have everything Apple in our house. I converted from PC in 2008 and never looked back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the ATV2 and I Like it.

Jailbroken first day :laugh:

I run XBMC on my server and now I can stream to my atv in the bedroom.
Would buy more for other rooms.

I'm considering replacing the Wii in the main room with an Apple TV to get the Netflix and ITunes stuff on the main tv.

Looks like it should do the trick but I know nothing about it. I like my Ipod touch and am planning to get an IPad 2 soon so seems like it would blend well.

Any input is greatly appreciated :beerchug:

The Wii can stream Netflix...

iPhone. Tapatalk. Out.

PS3 is a huge upgrade from the Wii.. i have no experience with ATV but wit the PS3 u can use netflix pandora and watch DVDs and Blueray.. JMO

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I had Apple tv given to me Zook. Then I looked thru the list of netflix movies and didnt bother to sign up.There wasn't much on there that interested me.

RSD.

I do use it when buddies are over and I want to run a photo show wirelessly from my pc or Ipad.:thumbsup:

RSD.

The Wii can stream Netflix...

iPhone. Tapatalk. Out.

yes and we use it in that capacity now but also it gets used for games and exercise programs, etc. We are finishing the basement here and I figured I'd move it down there but needed to find something to replace the netflix up in the main room :thumbsup: I guess I could always buy another Wii or PS3 but at $100 the Apple TV seems like it should play nice with all the iTunes shid we have and do netflix.

The challenge -- I have my wife and daughters using the system often when I'm not here so I need something that A) works flawlessly and B) is simple to use. Failures on either point mean I get phone calls beotchin that its not working :whistle::laugh: Otherwise I'd be all over a HTPC setup but it clearly would fail for both points A & B

Apple TV should do the trick for you then if you need that ease of use. And like mentioned before you can hook it to your ipad/iphone/ipod/mac/pc and have access to all your media.

Back