Ipod - apple sucks!!!! i hate them!!

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
So I have an IPOD and I have ITUNES on my computer

Well it seems that you can only authorize the music you purchase to play on 5 computers

Guess what?

Your system crashes and you have to reload windows.

You have to authorize your computer again, one down.

Guess what?

You need to upgrade your mother board because your fricken processor is toast.

You have to authorize your computer again.

As of tonight I have had to authorize my computer 5 times..  I dont know why this time, I loaded I tunes.. it fricken worked last week, tonight it comes up and gives me a message:

GO TO CALIFORNIA COULD NOT BE COPIED TO YOUR IPOD BECAUSE YOUR COMPUTER IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO PLAY IT

I look at my authorization status and my only option is to deauthorize, meaning the computer is authorized.. but NOOOOOOO I cant play the song, I have to authroize my computer again!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHH

Does anyone know how to hack the counter? or is it stored at apple since everytime you have to authorize you are asked for you password and you get connected to the apple web site!!!

Has anyone else had this problem? did you find a resolution?

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154482979 -->

I dunno...the guy in the commercials thinks Mac is the way to go....

.....never mind, I was thinkin' of a Dell.

"Dude,I gotta Dell".

dell_dude3a.jpg

just steal your music and u dont have that problem!!
laugh.gif

Bear Share for life!!!

I don't know what your problem is or how to fix it. As for ipod--i just buy the CD and rip it to the ipod. Itunes is a rip!

you should be able to go into the computer and deauthorize selected computers. I know there is a descision board on apple.com for support for iTunes. Im on my mac at the moment so I cant really help with the pc side of things. Let me look at my pc tomorrow and see if I cant come up with something for ya.

Josh

I think iTunes uses a combo of the MAC address and a hidden encypted file on the HD. In OSX the file resides in Users/Shared/SC_Info; I'm not sure where it lives on Windows.

Contact Apple - this happens a lot - press the issue and they can likely give you more authorizations.

...or post up what you lost; maybe the peeps on the board have the music to replace what you lost.

I have like 800gigs of mp3s, not sure what all you need but I *might* have it
cool.gif

They are so afraid that someone might pirate the some that they make it so difficult for the people who buy it that it drives them to piracy.

you should never steel the music:(

i only share my music. lime liwe:;):

you can try this and see if it will work for you, i have not tried it yet myself.

If you find you have reached 5 authorizations you can reset your authorization count by clicking Deauthorize All in the Account Information screen.

You may only use this feature once per year. The Deauthorize All button will not appear if you have fewer than 5 authorized computers or if you have used this option within the last 12 months

you can try this and see if it will work for you, i have not tried it yet myself.

If you find you have reached 5 authorizations you can reset your authorization count by clicking Deauthorize All in the Account Information screen.

You may only use this feature once per year. The Deauthorize All button will not appear if you have fewer than 5 authorized computers or if you have used this option within the last 12 months
Dude!! your the man!!!

Exactly the solution I was looking for. did it this morning..

Thanks!!!

Back