iTunes not copying to iPod???

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
why would it say " song or songs were not copied to your iPod because they are not authorized to play on this computer" ?
Posted via Mobile Device

thats what i say! but she didn't buy it, was a gift from someone
Posted via Mobile Device

im not a pro. but I'd just not use it or sell it on ebay. mp3's are cheap and have tons more availability.

you have to put it in your ipod playlist on your pc first then download it to your ipod.... I think that's how my son does it .. :whistle:

You just need to authorize that computer to sync your library. I think if you got the songs from iTunes on a different account that you are trying to sync to it may not let you..not sure though, I would have to mess w/ it.

can you load standard MP3s onto an ipod device ???

I believe it needs to be (ACC = itune format) or (converted = M4A format), not sure but I think if you do one of the options, it will ask to convert.
Oh and you have to use "itunes" or some other program that works, you can't simply copy from a windows pc onto ipod, that would be like asking Microsoft and Apple to be compatible. Also if you install itunes be careful, unless you know how to disable and turn everything off, it will try and turn your pc into a Mac.

Attachments

• M4A.bmp
    948 KB · Views: 120
  • itune.bmp
    817.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
The "not authorized" message means that the songs you are trying to copy were not purchased on the computer you are trying to sync from. That means they came from a different computer, yours or not, and can't be played until they are authorized.

You can authorize the song by playing it on that computer in iTunes. iTunes will prompt you for the password to the account that the song was purchased with. After you enter the password it will play and sync. If you don't own the account you have a pirated copy.

actually she had JUST purchased the 3 songs, attempted to copy em & it said the not authorized message. so if she plays it through iTunes then she should be able to sync em onto the ipod?
Posted via Mobile Device

I would just restore your ipod firmware, then sync, easy fix.

I keep all my iTunes files in mp3 format... no problems with compatibility. There is also software out there that enables you to use multiple iPods with iTunes :thumbsup:

Red this is going to be a license issue for sure. I will give you this link in hopes that this will give you info on how to authorize this new laptop to play her ITunes. Read it all and hope this helps. About iTunes Store authorization and deauthorization :please:

why would it say " song or songs were not copied to your iPod because they are not authorized to play on this computer" ?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back